• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bailout - VERY funny Police stop

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Laff ... I've seen that before. The Benny Hill music is perfect. It is funny if one doesn't think about what is really going on in the video :(

UTOC-45-44

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Laff ... I've seen that before. The Benny Hill music is perfect. It is funny if one doesn't think about what is really going on in the video :(

I agree 100%:X. Pisses me off due to the fact that I went thru "the system" to get my Green Card and FINALLY my Citizenship.

TJ

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:

I agree 100%:X. Pisses me off due to the fact that I went thru "the system" to get my Green Card and FINALLY my Citizenship.

TJ
And this generally conservative, xenophobic, hate-mongering, white-male elitistprivelegedimmigranthatingnutcase is very happy you did! We need more immigrants like you in this nation. :):)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:

TJ
And this generally conservative, xenophobic, hate-mongering, white-male elitistprivelegedimmigranthatingnutcase is very happy you did! We need more immigrants like you in this nation. :):)
Thanks Double D:lol:.

LEO 229

imported post

Very entertaining..... but not really OC related and this has been established and discussed already. ;)

Let's not make a habit of postingoff topic information. :cool:

UTOC-45-44

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Very entertaining..... but not really OC related and this has been established and discussed already. ;)

That's why I posted it under:

General Discussion
Use this area for discussions that are somewhat off-topic or that do not fit anywhere else

This is the section under which I CAN post this LEO:cry:.

TJ

Tomahawk

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

Nothing to see here, tap tap tap, move along...[cue more Benny Hill music LOL]

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

The cop was openly carrying. :X

LEO 229

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

That's why I posted it under:

General Discussion
Use this area for discussions that are somewhat off-topic or that do not fit anywhere else

This is the section under which I CAN post this LEO:cry:.

TJ
It says.. "somewhat" off topic and not completely off topic. ;)

I am not clear how thisvideo has anything to do with this forum with the exception that a cop is involved.

I enjoy humor as much as the next guy....and it was funny. But I am now seeing a trend to post stuff that is not gun related and is focused on cops alone... good, bad, and ugly situations. Stuff thathasno valid use exceptpoint outthat cops make mistakes.

I fear that this general section is going to become a free for all and posting anything negative or disparaging about police work. People make mistakes but it appears the only mistakes being posted are by a few members focused on thepolice.

There are a great deal of mistakes caught on tape involving citizens too but I do not recall seeing anything unless it was forum related.

I am only suggesting the members try to refrain from making disparaging remarks and posting items that are completely off topic.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO, you know, and anyone reading this forum carefully knows, that the vast majority of OCDO members are very LAC and pro-LEO. The vast majority know that bad cops are the minority in the country. And the vast majority have the most issue not with any individual LEOs but with the LE system set up by politicians and upper LE brass.

There have been 3-4 funny videos of police in the last few days. Most of them have been innocuous. The original in this post in no way disparages LE. There is no way possible that the LEO could have caught all those people without using a level of force that would have got him in very hot water. He was just pretty much helpless in the situation to do anything besides throw his hat on the ground and say, "Dangit". That is NOT the LEO's fault. That is a breakdown in the system FAR above the political level of any individual LEO.

The last video with the LEO talking about not being stuck in a cubicle is badly titled on YouTube. He wasn't making a fool of himself. He was doing what most people do at some time - making an unintentionally humoursly ironic comment. It wasn't funny because he is LEO, it was funny because he didn't realize the irony of what he was saying.

I'm just not seeing these as being anti-LEO. Perhaps that is because I don't look at LEO as some special class of people. They are just people with normal foibles who sometimes do funny things intentionally or unintentionally or who are caught up in situations that are funny for a 3rd party observer.

Oh yeah, and the LEOs in all the videos have been open carrying so it is topical to the forum :cool:

LEO 229

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
LEO, you know, and anyone reading this forum carefully knows, that the vast majority of OCDO members are very LAC and pro-LEO. ...Snipped
I agree that is was humorous.... and many here are not against the police nor for the police either. But some members do hate them and are obvious here.

You must not have seen this thread yet.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/10408.html

Remarks here I find a little offensive. I fear that this will become a trend here if gone unchecked.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
LEO, you know, and anyone reading this forum carefully knows, that the vast majority of OCDO members are very LAC and pro-LEO. ...Snipped
I agree that is was humorous.... and many here are not against the police nor for the police either. But some members do hate them and are obvious here.

Remarks here I find a little offensive. I fear that this will become a trend here if gone unchecked.

LEO, this was nothing against you or your fellow officers and I hope I didn't offend you all. This was just funny in the sence that the officer was just taken by EXTREME surprise when he fund a WHOLE:what::lol:city of illegal aliens in a VERY small vehicle.

And as Double D said -"He was just pretty much helpless in the situation to do anything besides throw his hat on the ground and say, "Dangit". That is NOT the LEO's fault. That is a breakdown in the system FAR above the political level of any individual LEO."

The Benny Hill music didn't help:lol::celebrate.

I did NOT mean this to be a LEO bashing moment at all

TJ

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:

I don't think it will. I think that the comments in both of these threads have been good humored and jumping on stereotypes rather than any general criticism of LE. Given some other threads besides these two I can see reason for your concern, however, I think a few good natured posts about our professional citizen police force is neither an indictment or criticism of LE in general. I also have noted that the most rabid anti-LEO members are generally discounted, ignored or directly argued against in most threads where they unfairly bash or generalize. Have a little more faith in us, LEO229.

LEO 229

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Snipped.... Have a little more faith in us, LEO229.
I do... in many.... but I also know there is a pack of wolves in the tree line waiting for it to get just a little darker before they come out to feast. ;)

Carpetbagger

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That reminds me of a similar, funny situation that happened to me. Many years ago I was a volunteerEMT in a small town in central Massachusetts. We responded to a single vehicle accident around midnight. The roads were icy and a van overturned. We arrived on scene to find about 15 young Chinese men standing around. The accident happened prettymuch in the middle of nowhere, so we couldn't figure out where all these people came from.

Turns out it was the staff (maybe the cleaning crew) from a Chinese restaurant in the next town over. Only one or two of them spoke any English, and they spoke it very poorly. It was quite a fuster cluck, trying to figure out who was injured and trying to treat them.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Snipped.... Have a little more faith in us, LEO229.
I do... in many.... but I also know there is a pack of wolves in the tree line waiting for it to get just a little darker before they come out to feast. ;)
Yeah, but you have a lot of shepherds here standing shoulder to shoulder with you. Trust your fellow OCers and LACs, LEO229. We got your back if you're right. We'll shoot you ourselves if we think you're wrong, but we'll only use airsoft and toss you a change of clothes afterwards. ;) :D

Carpetbagger wrote:
That reminds me of a similar, funny situation that happened to me. Many years ago I was a volunteerEMT in a small town in central Massachusetts. We responded to a single vehicle accident around midnight. The roads were icy and a van overturned. We arrived on scene to find about 15 young Chinese men standing around. The accident happened prettymuch in the middle of nowhere, so we couldn't figure out where all these people came from.

Turns out it was the staff (maybe the cleaning crew) from a Chinese restaurant in the next town over. Only one or two of them spoke any English, and they spoke it very poorly. It was quite a fuster cluck, trying to figure out who was injured and trying to treat them.
We'll 15 people in a van isn't quite as crazy as if it had been a Honda CRX :shock:

Still funny though :)