• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun at a stoplight?

bohdi

imported post

That ought to be an interesting one to follow. Good find. I happen to be in that area usually twice a month, and I always carry down there.

xd.40

imported post

Sorry I posted that before I saw you posted :lol: After an incident I had there last year, I refuse to go back. I avoid it like the plague!

darrel_h

imported post

I'll honestly be surprised if we hear anything else about this. It's just nice to hear of someone with a CHP so close by actually using it to defend themselves. I live in this general area and keep seeing more and more robberies, muggings, etc... going on around the mall, dale blvd, rt 1. I just pray I'm never placed in this situation. I haven't been to Potomac Mills in quite some time, but I do still go once in blue moon. Of course, I'll never OC there but....

bohdi

imported post

This was the area where a young man (13 I think) asked me about open carrying, I posted the story somewhere, probably the OC in NOVA thread. Kid had an assault with deadly weapon charge already.....wow.

Of course, it's not the 16 year olds fault he fired the gun, it's the guns fault. Not the kids fault, not the parents fault, the guns fault I'm sure......

Marco

imported post

I've been to that Mall twice and OC'd both times with no incidents (yes, I know it is posted).
I even bumped into two county cops onceand they asked about my gun, to which Ireplied"Areyou working for the mall or the county and if there are no complaints I'll continue shopping."

But after the violence last summer, a stabbing and shooting we won't be returning.
The risk isn't worth the reward.

Glad to hear the law abiding citizen wasn't injured and the thug was arrested.

possumboy

imported post

It is very important to note that the BOY was arrested, not the man with the concealed carry permit.

From the information we have, it seems like a defensive use that possibly saved the man's life by not making him a victim.

possumboy

imported post

It did say he was a passenager, maybe his dad was driving.

I hope he had a note saying he could take his son shooting. Yes, under VA law, I need a note to take my son shooting. I will look up the code when I can.

bohdi

imported post

possumboy wrote:
It did say he was a passenager, maybe his dad was driving.

I hope he had a note saying he could take his son shooting. Yes, under VA law, I need a note to take my son shooting. I will look up the code when I can.

If his dad was driving :what:they both ought to get slapped with tuna. Dad should lose his rights to parent. You made me go back and read it again, again, lol.

"Police said the argument started while the two, each passengers in separate vehicles, were at the stoplight at Smoke-town Road and Nazarene Way."

Could have been another legal age driver, like a friend of his who thought they were the shiznit because they were packing heat. Bet they both crapped their pants when the other guy pulled out his weapon and started firing. Sounds like no one got hurt at all, which is very fortunate for the young man and the driver of his vehicle.

possumboy

imported post

bohdi wrote:
If his dad was driving :what:they both ought to get slapped with tuna. Dad should lose his rights to parent. You made me go back and read it again, again, lol.

"Police said the argument started while the two, each passengers in separate vehicles, were at the stoplight at Smoke-town Road and Nazarene Way."

Could have been another legal age driver, like a friend of his who thought they were the shiznit because they were packing heat. Bet they both crapped their pants when the other guy pulled out his weapon and started firing. Sounds like no one got hurt at all, which is very fortunate for the young man and the driver of his vehicle.

No matter how you look at it, he was in violation of § 18.2-308.7. Possession or transportation of certain firearms by persons under the age of 18

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+coh+18.2-308.7+402881

I don't see how he meets any of the exceptions in the situation described.

bohdi

imported post

1. Any person (i) while in his home or on his property; (ii) while in the home or on the property of his parent, grandparent, or legal guardian; or (iii) while on the property of another who has provided prior permission, and with the prior permission of his parent or legal guardian if the person has the landowner's written permission on his person while on such property;

How twisted would it have to be to argue that the car is the parents property?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just ridiculous that a traffic argument turns into a shootout. I'm sorry, but if the little bastage drew and fired first we should just stick the needle in his arm now and save the taxpayers a lot of future pain and agony from his future crimes. Being under 18 should not in any way equal an abdication for violent acts.