Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T-shirt ideas for Michigan open carry.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Below are a couple of T-shirt designs based on Warchilds idea of a T-shirt. Any comments or new ideas are welcome. Which front design do you like, we will only print up one design. Don't panic, Dont's panic (lawful adult), or Fear not????

If we pick a design someone would need to contact me so I can send them a .jpg of the design to be reproduced at a T-shirt shop. It would be nice if we could put an order together and sell them at the Grinders car show in June. Anyone want to volunteer to put together the order and front the cost? Hopefully they will recoup their cost and more at the show.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Below are a couple of T-shirt designs based on Warchilds idea of a T-shirt. Any comments or new ideas are welcome. If we pick a design someone would need to contact me so I can send them a .jpg of the design to be reproduced at a T-shirt shop. It would be nice if we could put an order together and sell them at the Grinders car show in June. Anyone want to volunteer to put together the order and front the cost? Hopefully they will recoup their cost and more at the show.
    Perfect!!!

Available in XXXL?

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Below are a couple of T-shirt designs based on Warchilds idea of a T-shirt. Any comments or new ideas are welcome. Which front design do you like, we will only print up one design. Don't panic, Dont's panic (lawful adult), or Fear not????

If we pick a design someone would need to contact me so I can send them a .jpg of the design to be reproduced at a T-shirt shop. It would be nice if we could put an order together and sell them at the Grinders car show in June. Anyone want to volunteer to put together the order and front the cost? Hopefully they will recoup their cost and more at the show.
    Does anyone have a break-down of unit costs?

50 shirts=$

100 shirts=$

Etc.

I know the more units ordered, costs per shirt are less.

Post imported post

EXCELLENT!! I choose the top one. I'll take 4, in large size.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    What do you mean you will take four in large size? I was hoping you would take the lead and do the ordering. After all it WAS your idea.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    WARCHILD wrote:
    What do you mean you will take four in large size? I was hoping you would take the lead and do the ordering. After all it WAS your idea.
    There you go, trying to confuse me with facts. I was just thinking of a having a couple made for myself somewhere. I didn't know everyone would jump on the idea. I'm really not good at taking control of that kind of stuff. Learned that doing the popcorn sales for the Boy Scouts, what a headache! Besides, I'm really going to be putting in some long hrs. in the next few weeks. Like you said, I did the hard work, thinking of the idea. thinking always hurts!

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I can get them made up.

I think we should remove the logo from the front of the shirt.... looks too much like a police badge.

The last thing we want is to get charged with impersonating the po po.

My vote is for "DON'T PANIC"

I say we replace the logo on front with "opencarry.org"

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    I can get them made up.

I think we should remove the logo from the front of the shift.... looks too much like a police badge.

Sorry Doug, I disagree, if they think it looks like a badge, they need new glasses worse than I do. :what:Thanks for taking the lead to get the shirts.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    dougwg wrote:
    I can get them made up.

I think we should remove the logo from the front of the shift.... looks too much like a police badge.

Sorry Doug, I disagree, if they think it looks like a badge, they need new glasses worse than I do. :what:Thanks for taking the lead to get the shirts.
    I agree with Warchild, I like our logo on the front and back, but I'm bias since I designed it there. Other comments needed before Doug works up the order. I would Like to order (3) in 4XL (XXXXL). These would be good to wear whether you were OCing or not, and by family members as well...gets the word out.

Post imported post

um... I reaaaaly don't like having the "badge" on the front.....baby steps guys baby steps.

We're already going to have a huge one on the back.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    I can get them made up.

I think we should remove the logo from the front of the shirt.... looks too much like a police badge.

I agree, replace badge with the OCDO Logo and +1 on the "DON'T PANIC".

Post imported post

Agreed. Drop the logo from the front. Otherwise this is an awesome design. I like the top left for the front!

I'll be picking up one of these in Large.

Post imported post

SO what I'm hearing so far is this design??? Any other comments? We will wait a bit before we decide on a final verson.

Post imported post

I like that a lot.

Post imported post

I just noticed one thing, there is no mention of a gun. We know what open carry means but I have had to explain more than once "What do you mean, open carry". Just a thought

Post imported post

That's a good point Warchild. I've had to explain the concept myself a few times.

Also, I'm not trying to pick the design apart, but something looks a bit odd in "Open carry". I think it may be the fact that Open looks capitalized, while carry isn't? I'm not sure, maybe it's just my eyes.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    SO what I'm hearing so far is this design??? Any other comments? We will wait a bit before we decide on a final verson.

Add the OCDO Logo on the front where the other logo you had was...if it's okay with allthe other members.

Also, all the text on the front and back are in caps, except for the "Legal In Michigan". "Open carry is" may be better if all caps, the "Legal In Michigan" looks good.

Edit To Add:

Yeah, it does need some gun (Pistol/Handgun) info in there somewhere.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    I just noticed one thing, there is no mention of a gun. We know what open carry means but I have had to explain more than once "What do you mean, open carry". Just a thought

I'm not sure what you all mean as far as all caps are concerned. Don't panic is in all caps, so it stands out. As for the back the only thing I see wrong is the c in carry is lower case and should be in caps.

I thought about adding a gun but it gets wordy and a person will be glancing at it quickly and too many words can get lost, also space is a concern. But I can try it. What do you suggest it say?

OPENLY CARRIED HANDGUNS ARE LEGAL IN MICHIGAN.

OPEN CARRY OF A HANDGUN IS LEGAL IN MICHIGAN

Let me know.

Post imported post

I was just takling about the C in Carry. That should fix the problem with capitalization.

I'm not really sure how to add something about guns in there, other than a picture of a gun, but I don't like that.

Maybe Something like:

Open Carrying a Handgun is

Legal in Michigan

I'm not sure how that'll look on a smaller shirt though. Maybe it doesn't need to be changed, and we can just explain it to people if they ask....

Post imported post

I have to tell you I like your first design the best, have you thought of setting up a booth at the county fairs this summer?

Post imported post

Okay, How does this one look. Keep in mind these are drafts and text, etc..may be different depending on the retailer. So look at the wording and general layout. I have sent a PM asking permission to use the OCDO logo.

Post imported post

What's the lightning bolt for?

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    What's the lightning bolt for?
    A symbol of panic?? I put it there to fill the space and to get attention. No other reason.

Post imported post

I like the lightning bolt. It draws attention to the shirt, and I think nicely gets the point across. I also like having the pistol instead of a shield on the front.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I like the lightning bolt. It draws attention to the shirt, and I think nicely gets the point across. I also like having the pistol instead of a shield on the front.
    Agreed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast