Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Northern Nevada Meet

Post imported post

I've decided to give this a seperatethread so the details aren't lost by the info in the Earthquake thread.

BobCav is one of our moderators and a temporary resident of our great state. He is soon to be moving to Washington state (have you seen how those folks drive up there? :shock.

So, how about a meet and send off? From what I've seen so far, it looks like a weekday evening would work. How about Wed., May 8, at 7 p.m. at Olive Garden--corner of Kietzke and Virginia? I hear that's OC friendly territory. Will that work for everybody?

Post imported post

Sounds like fun. But a weeknight won't work for me. Sorry.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hey, I'm all for meeting everyone before heading out! We have family visiting tonight through Monday so any other time is good for me!

Activist Member

Post imported post

Wed. May 8 isn't a good day for me.I've got major tests the next day.I'd prefer Friday of the same week.

Post imported post

Well, Wed. doesn't look good--so what day does? Bob, how much longer are you going to be in Reno?

I'm open for Tues., Wed. or Thurs. night---I work the other four nights. A lunch on Friday would work.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

We leave zero dark-thirty on Sat the 17th so anytime is good for me.

Post imported post

Anybody else available or interested? Right now it looks like just Bob and me....

Activist Member

Post imported post

Loneviking wrote:
    Well, Wed. doesn't look good--so what day does? Bob, how much longer are you going to be in Reno?

I'm open for Tues., Wed. or Thurs. night---I work the other four nights. A lunch on Friday would work.
    Of those three nights, Thursday would be best for me, but still not perfect (might be able to do Th. but not sure). I actually have testsevery daymonday through fridaybut my most important ones occur during the day on Wed and Thursday. On Friday I can't do anything before 4 PM. Does lunch on Saturday or Sunday work?

The week afterwards (12th-16th) any of those three days you mentioned would work fine.

Maybe not a good idea to base plans off of my plans though. The last two times I tried to meet with people here I couldn't make it.

Post imported post

Well, could do dinner on the 13th? How will that work for everybody? Bob, myself and Maximus could make it----who else can?

Post imported post

Loneviking wrote:
    Well, could do dinner on the 13th? How will that work for everybody? Bob, myself and Maximus could make it----who else can?
    I might be able to make a dinner on the 13th.

Post imported post

O.K., that would make four on Tuesday the 13th---the numbers are looking better and better!

Post imported post

Sadly, I'm out of the Reno area until the evening of May 14th.

If you could slip it to Wed the 14th I'd really like to make it. If you can't, due to your own schedule limitations, I understand how that goes. It would be a shame to miss meeting BobCav before he leaves Reno...

Post imported post

14th would work for me---how about everyone else?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The 14th would be great and it would be an honor to meet all of you!

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Well, Bobcav.

We will also have a OC Meet here in Salt Lake on the 14th @ 7Pm. So we will all be together in "spirit".

TJ

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    BobCav wrote:
    Well, Bobcav.

We will also have a OC Meet here in Salt Lake on the 14th @ 7Pm. So we will all be together in "spirit".

TJ
    TJ, I really wish we had the time to get together. Please give my bet to everyone in Utah! We're not finished with our West Coast tour and may very well continue travelling after Spokane. Only time will tell!

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    BobCav wrote:
    Well, Bobcav.

TJ
    TJ, I really wish we had the time to get together. Please give my bet to everyone in Utah! We're not finished with our West Coast tour and may very well continue travelling after Spokane. Only time will tell!

Bob, I will, and certainly hope to have a Meet WHEN you and your Beautiful wife comes thru SLC:celebrate

TJ

Post imported post

O.K. then, Wed., May 14th at 7 p.m. is the OC meet for all of us here in Northern Nevada.

I mentioned the Olive Garden as a venue because I've seen it listed as OC friendly. Anyone else have any other suggestions? Or is Olive Garden all right with everyone?

Post imported post

Im all good to go for Wed the 14th at 7, wherever the location may be.

Post imported post

I'm really excited to meet some urban northern Nevada open carry folk on the 14th -- I open carry in north Washoe County regularly but never in town so this will be a first on many fronts.

I'm assuming that this is the Olive Garden which we speak, near the "super consumption megaplex"

4900 S Virginia St @ Kietzkie
    Reno, NV 89502
    (775) 829-1500

Wayne

Post imported post

I would meet up with you guys, but Olive Garden is a no go for me. Can't eat Italian, it does bad things to my GI Tract.

Post imported post

I may not speak for everyone here, but Id be willing to say that the dining location can be easily changed, since there are more than enough resturaunts around S. Virginia and Keitzke, including Claim Jumper and TGI Fridays and L&L Hawaiian Barbecue just spitting distance across S. Virginia from Olive Garden. Go 2 more blocks in any direction and youve twenty-folded your resturaunt choices :P

Activist Member

Post imported post

schizrade wrote:
    I would meet up with you guys, but Olive Garden is a no go for me. Can't eat Italian, it does bad things to my GI Tract.
    http://www.olivegarden.com/menus/

They have their menu online. Maybe they have something "not so Italian" on it somewhere.

I'd be good for anywhere else, although I'm a big fan of Italian food.

Post imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
    schizrade wrote:
    http://www.olivegarden.com/menus/

They have their menu online. Maybe they have something "not so Italian" on it somewhere.

I'd be good for anywhere else, although I'm a big fan of Italian food.
    Nope, it doesn't have to be Italian food----I just picked the place because it has a reputation for being OC friendly. Any other OC friendly suggestions cheerfully considered!

Post imported post

Something tells me that if we show up dang near anywhere with 6 armed people and any guests, that resturaunt is going to be OC friendly. Power in numbers, right? :P

But in all seriousness, we're a smart, respectable group of guys (yes, I count myself since Ill be with all the smart, respectable people!). I doubt we'll have much trouble anywhere unless someone wants to go out of their way to make beef. TGI Fridays is right there by CompUSA (now out of business), which is 2 blocks from S. Virginia and Keitzke. Last I recall they had a pretty good menu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast