Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56

Thread: Northern Nevada Meet

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    344

    Post imported post

    I've decided to give this a seperatethread so the details aren't lost by the info in the Earthquake thread.

    BobCav is one of our moderators and a temporary resident of our great state. He is soon to be moving to Washington state (have you seen how those folks drive up there? :shock.

    So, how about a meet and send off? From what I've seen so far, it looks like a weekday evening would work. How about Wed., May 8, at 7 p.m. at Olive Garden--corner of Kietzke and Virginia? I hear that's OC friendly territory. Will that work for everybody?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927

    Post imported post

    Sounds like fun. But a weeknight won't work for me. Sorry.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    No longer in Alexandria, Egypt
    Posts
    2,798

    Post imported post

    Hey, I'm all for meeting everyone before heading out! We have family visiting tonight through Monday so any other time is good for me!



  4. #4
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,713

    Post imported post

    Wed. May 8 isn't a good day for me.I've got major tests the next day.I'd prefer Friday of the same week.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    344

    Post imported post

    Well, Wed. doesn't look good--so what day does? Bob, how much longer are you going to be in Reno?

    I'm open for Tues., Wed. or Thurs. night---I work the other four nights. A lunch on Friday would work.

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    No longer in Alexandria, Egypt
    Posts
    2,798

    Post imported post

    We leave zero dark-thirty on Sat the 17th so anytime is good for me.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    344

    Post imported post

    Anybody else available or interested? Right now it looks like just Bob and me....

  8. #8
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,713

    Post imported post

    Loneviking wrote:
    Well, Wed. doesn't look good--so what day does? Bob, how much longer are you going to be in Reno?

    I'm open for Tues., Wed. or Thurs. night---I work the other four nights. A lunch on Friday would work.
    Of those three nights, Thursday would be best for me, but still not perfect (might be able to do Th. but not sure). I actually have testsevery daymonday through fridaybut my most important ones occur during the day on Wed and Thursday. On Friday I can't do anything before 4 PM. Does lunch on Saturday or Sunday work?

    The week afterwards (12th-16th) any of those three days you mentioned would work fine.

    Maybe not a good idea to base plans off of my plans though. The last two times I tried to meet with people here I couldn't make it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    344

    Post imported post

    Well, could do dinner on the 13th? How will that work for everybody? Bob, myself and Maximus could make it----who else can?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sparks, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    177

    Post imported post

    Loneviking wrote:
    Well, could do dinner on the 13th? How will that work for everybody? Bob, myself and Maximus could make it----who else can?
    I might be able to make a dinner on the 13th.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    344

    Post imported post

    O.K., that would make four on Tuesday the 13th---the numbers are looking better and better!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Washoe County, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    256

    Post imported post

    Sadly, I'm out of the Reno area until the evening of May 14th.

    If you could slip it to Wed the 14th I'd really like to make it. If you can't, due to your own schedule limitations, I understand how that goes. It would be a shame to miss meeting BobCav before he leaves Reno...

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    344

    Post imported post

    14th would work for me---how about everyone else?

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    No longer in Alexandria, Egypt
    Posts
    2,798

    Post imported post

    The 14th would be great and it would be an honor to meet all of you!

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    BobCav wrote:
    The 14th would be great and it would be an honor to meet all of you!
    Well, Bobcav.

    We will also have a OC Meet here in Salt Lake on the 14th @ 7Pm. So we will all be together in "spirit".

    TJ

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    No longer in Alexandria, Egypt
    Posts
    2,798

    Post imported post

    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    BobCav wrote:
    The 14th would be great and it would be an honor to meet all of you!
    Well, Bobcav.

    We will also have a OC Meet here in Salt Lake on the 14th @ 7Pm. So we will all be together in "spirit".

    TJ
    TJ, I really wish we had the time to get together. Please give my bet to everyone in Utah! We're not finished with our West Coast tour and may very well continue travelling after Spokane. Only time will tell!



  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    BobCav wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    BobCav wrote:
    The 14th would be great and it would be an honor to meet all of you!
    Well, Bobcav.

    We will also have a OC Meet here in Salt Lake on the 14th @ 7Pm. So we will all be together in "spirit".

    TJ
    TJ, I really wish we had the time to get together. Please give my bet to everyone in Utah! We're not finished with our West Coast tour and may very well continue travelling after Spokane. Only time will tell!

    Bob, I will, and certainly hope to have a Meet WHEN you and your Beautiful wife comes thru SLC:celebrate



    TJ

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    344

    Post imported post

    O.K. then, Wed., May 14th at 7 p.m. is the OC meet for all of us here in Northern Nevada.

    I mentioned the Olive Garden as a venue because I've seen it listed as OC friendly. Anyone else have any other suggestions? Or is Olive Garden all right with everyone?

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno (Northwest), Nevada, USA
    Posts
    65

    Post imported post

    Im all good to go for Wed the 14th at 7, wherever the location may be.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Washoe County, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    256

    Post imported post

    I'm really excited to meet some urban northern Nevada open carry folk on the 14th -- I open carry in north Washoe County regularly but never in town so this will be a first on many fronts.

    I'm assuming that this is the Olive Garden which we speak, near the "super consumption megaplex"

    4900 S Virginia St @ Kietzkie
    Reno, NV 89502
    (775) 829-1500

    Wayne

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    37

    Post imported post

    I would meet up with you guys, but Olive Garden is a no go for me. Can't eat Italian, it does bad things to my GI Tract.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno (Northwest), Nevada, USA
    Posts
    65

    Post imported post

    I may not speak for everyone here, but Id be willing to say that the dining location can be easily changed, since there are more than enough resturaunts around S. Virginia and Keitzke, including Claim Jumper and TGI Fridays and L&L Hawaiian Barbecue just spitting distance across S. Virginia from Olive Garden. Go 2 more blocks in any direction and youve twenty-folded your resturaunt choices :P

  23. #23
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,713

    Post imported post

    schizrade wrote:
    I would meet up with you guys, but Olive Garden is a no go for me. Can't eat Italian, it does bad things to my GI Tract.
    http://www.olivegarden.com/menus/



    They have their menu online. Maybe they have something "not so Italian" on it somewhere.

    I'd be good for anywhere else, although I'm a big fan of Italian food.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    344

    Post imported post

    Felid`Maximus wrote:
    schizrade wrote:
    I would meet up with you guys, but Olive Garden is a no go for me. Can't eat Italian, it does bad things to my GI Tract.
    http://www.olivegarden.com/menus/



    They have their menu online. Maybe they have something "not so Italian" on it somewhere.

    I'd be good for anywhere else, although I'm a big fan of Italian food.
    Nope, it doesn't have to be Italian food----I just picked the place because it has a reputation for being OC friendly. Any other OC friendly suggestions cheerfully considered!

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno (Northwest), Nevada, USA
    Posts
    65

    Post imported post

    Something tells me that if we show up dang near anywhere with 6 armed people and any guests, that resturaunt is going to be OC friendly. Power in numbers, right? :P

    But in all seriousness, we're a smart, respectable group of guys (yes, I count myself since Ill be with all the smart, respectable people!). I doubt we'll have much trouble anywhere unless someone wants to go out of their way to make beef. TGI Fridays is right there by CompUSA (now out of business), which is 2 blocks from S. Virginia and Keitzke. Last I recall they had a pretty good menu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •