• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Northern Nevada Meet

schizrade

imported post

I would meet up with you guys, but Olive Garden is a no go for me. Can't eat Italian, it does bad things to my GI Tract. :uhoh:

Rains

imported post

I may not speak for everyone here, but Id be willing to say that the dining location can be easily changed, since there are more than enough resturaunts around S. Virginia and Keitzke, including Claim Jumper and TGI Fridays and L&L Hawaiian Barbecue just spitting distance across S. Virginia from Olive Garden. Go 2 more blocks in any direction and youve twenty-folded your resturaunt choices :p

Loneviking

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
schizrade wrote:
I would meet up with you guys, but Olive Garden is a no go for me. Can't eat Italian, it does bad things to my GI Tract. :uhoh:

http://www.olivegarden.com/menus/

They have their menu online. Maybe they have something "not so Italian" on it somewhere.

I'd be good for anywhere else, although I'm a big fan of Italian food.
Nope, it doesn't have to be Italian food----I just picked the place because it has a reputation for being OC friendly. Any other OC friendly suggestions cheerfully considered! :D

Rains

imported post

Something tells me that if we show up dang near anywhere with 6 armed people and any guests, that resturaunt is going to be OC friendly. Power in numbers, right? :p

But in all seriousness, we're a smart, respectable group of guys (yes, I count myself since Ill be with all the smart, respectable people!). I doubt we'll have much trouble anywhere unless someone wants to go out of their way to make beef. TGI Fridays is right there by CompUSA (now out of business), which is 2 blocks from S. Virginia and Keitzke. Last I recall they had a pretty good menu.

Rains

imported post

Alright, so...lets not all forget about this meet up! :p

I think we're all set for Wednesday the 14th at 7...but its not looking like we have decided on a place to eat. If thats the case, lets just pick a spot somewhere near there (perhaps the aforementioned Super Consumption MegaPlex aka Walmart parking lot) and get together there, then decide on a place. At least this way we can all meet up one way or the other ;)

Loneviking

imported post

Rains wrote:
Alright, so...lets not all forget about this meet up! :p

I think we're all set for Wednesday the 14th at 7...but its not looking like we have decided on a place to eat. If thats the case, lets just pick a spot somewhere near there (perhaps the aforementioned Super Consumption MegaPlex aka Walmart parking lot) and get together there, then decide on a place. At least this way we can all meet up one way or the other ;)
Well, I thought we had agreed on Olive Garden but let's hear from the others. Is there a Wal-Mart down there by Kitzke and Virginia somewhere? The only one I know of is three or four miles away.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Olive Garden still sounds pretty good to me. But schizrade doesn't seem to be a fan of the idea. Unless he has found something on that menu online that is okay?

I also don't see a problem with meeting somewhere and then deciding what to do.

Rains

imported post

Aye, reason I was thinking we might not be 100% on the location was because of schizrade's protests, which I can understand - Im the same way with oriental food. And yeah, theres a Wal-mart SuperUberMegaCenter right there next to Sam's Club, about 1/2 mile directly west of the Olive Garden.

Loneviking

imported post

Well, lets hear from everybody else. I'm O.K. at meeting up at WallyWorld, but I'm thinking we should head for dinner to somewhere that we know is OC friendly. I don't know if BobCav has scoped out TGI Fridays or not. I'd hate to have a Penn. style incident in Reno!---Can you @#$%@ believe what happened at their OC dinner?

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Loneviking wrote:
Well, lets hear from everybody else. I'm O.K. at meeting up at WallyWorld, but I'm thinking we should head for dinner to somewhere that we know is OC friendly.

I doubtanything would happen here in NV. (I haven't read the PA thread yet)

I wouldn't worry about finding a place that we have to be perfectly sure is "OC friendly." If they ask us to leave we leave. Otherwise we assume they are okay with us.

They couldn't criminally charge us with anything, at the very worst there would be some hassle involved, but if it came down to that maybe it needs to happen so that the LEO can become educated about the law.

Loneviking

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Just lemme know where to show up and I'll be there!

O.K., looks like the Wal-Mart parking lot on Wed. night at 7 p.m. If I understand correctly, coming from Carson City, I'd get off at Neal, go right on S. Virginia to Kitzke, go Left about 1/2 mile to Wal-Mart--correct? We'll decide where to go from there.

As for resturants, I'm easy. If it ain't running to fast, it's probably done for!

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Loneviking wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Just lemme know where to show up and I'll be there!

O.K., looks like the Wal-Mart parking lot on Wed. night at 7 p.m. If I understand correctly, coming from Carson City, I'd get off at Neal, go right on S. Virginia to Kitzke, go Left about 1/2 mile to Wal-Mart--correct? We'll decide where to go from there.

As for resturants, I'm easy. If it ain't running to fast, it's probably done for!

Yep, that's the one.

Rains

imported post

I shall be there at 6:45pm tomorrow (Wednesday)! Ill bring my new phone too. It can run circles around me all day long. Ill PM all who are in on this with my number so you can call if you get lost or cant find anyone in the parking lot tomorrow. I drive a silver Nissan Frontier with the extended cab (still 2 doors), and Ill be parked in the Wally parking lot, but as far away from the actual Supermegacentercomplex as I can get:p. I know BobCav and his car so Ill probably be lingering near his sleek black car.

Hope to see you all there, and Im sure we'll have a great time!

PS If anyone needs like 80 rounds of 5.56 let me know and Ill bring it.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Great! It'll be cool to meet everyone! I wish we all coul dhave had the chance to go shooting together. Rains and I did and had a blast up at Lemmon Valley....

M1 Garand - 1

Television - 0