Thread: Taking a trip to Portsmouth...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I have a non-res permit for NHand will be going to Portsmouth for a week. I can only find courthouses as restricted areas am I correct in believing that everywhere else is fair game.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Correct. Courthouses are the only places where carry is prohibited by State Law (all the Federal prohibitions still apply of course).

FYI: Portsmouth is the most Liberal town in the State so if you open carry you may get the cops called on you.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Yea, the Federal infringements are a give in. Thanks for the insight about the locals overreacting over a citizen with the gall to embrace freedom.

I hope it will be uneventful. Probably going to hate having to return to restricted Va.

Post imported post

Toad wrote:
    Yea, the Federal infringements are a give in. Thanks for the insight about the locals overreacting over a citizen with the gall to embrace freedom.

I hope it will be uneventful. Probably going to hate having to return to restricted Va.
    Too many Massholes movers to the NH coast...but, I'd say Hanover/Durham were more liberal because of college leftwing professors. My old hometown of Merrimack seems to have moved to the left with that wacko state rep's anti-gun bill, that even she ended up voting against. When I was there, '83-'99, it was very conservative for a good sized town (25,000 population.) Again, too many Massholes moving up.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

Portsmouth is the artsy-fartsy town, full of aging hippies (sort of the New England version of Key West). They might be leftist and solidly Democrat, but they're of an age when "liberal" meant supporting all civil rights, including gun rights.

I agree that Hanover/Lebanon are more "liberal" in the modern sense of the term, because of the Darthmouth population.

Post imported post

never been to portsmouth...i have oc'ed in Keene, Milford, Nashua, Hinsdale, Manchester and Concord..and prob some other towns.....i have never had any issues.....