• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which HK pistol?

smash29

imported post

Hey all,

I'm looking at filling a hole in my arsenal and I'm thinkinganother H&K might fit the bill. I was able to order a USP Compact at a discount and while I've been waiting for it to come in I'vetaken tolusting over the larger 9mm H&Ks, specifically the P30, P2000, and USP. I love the way the P30 looks but I don't want to make the call onthat aloneso I'd welcome any advice/experiences offered. I'dthink that the 3 are more similar than they are different but I want to find out as much as I can before shelling out the $$.

Gracias!

Silent Scream

imported post

The P2000 is basically an updated compact USP, by updated i mean it does away with the horrendous USP grip (my opinion) for slimmer, more comfortable grip with interchangable backstrap and doesn't have the stipling like the USP.
It also has a standard acc. rail not the HK proprietary rail, which is a major bonus!
There is no manual safety/decocker like the USP
The P30 takes over where the P2000 left off, except it has interchangable side panels on the grip, to adjust palm swell also the grip texture is like that of the Sig pistols.
There are some other intenal tweeks HK did but it would take too much time to go over here, but they're both basically upgrades based on the USP.

jh10000

imported post

My vote is for the USP, shot them all, and I like the USP, plus it's rough and rugged, and if you wanted, you can always get the threaded barrel as an option.

jh10000

imported post

If you get the 9mm USPf, you can definately use it as a plink gun... It will be as accurate as you want it to be. I use my Fullsize USP for range play, and my Compact for carry. The Fullsize USP is a great gun designed to handle everything. The 9 is cheap, but if you're going to be carrying it, I personally go with a .45... I'm not interested in shooting a space-case with a 9 and having them go right through... I want to stop them in their tracks. It's all a matter of preference. If you have the money to shoot a .45 as a plink gun at the range, then great, you'll have a blast. But choose something you'll be comfortable with in defending yourself with also.

Where did you order the discount Compact at? CDNN?

smash29

imported post

jh10000 wrote:
Airline pilot discount through H&K, and Ijust didn't care for it so I traded it away a few months ago.

I'll probably refrain from purchasing an H&K since I can buy almost 2 "tupperware" guns (brand name left out so as not to anger Dustin :p) for the price of one H&K. That, and I'll be issued a USPc anyway if I pass the FFDO screening and do the training....

Dustin

imported post

smash29 wrote:
jh10000 wrote:
Airline pilot discount through H&K, and Ijust didn't care for it so I traded it away a few months ago.

I'll probably refrain from purchasing an H&K since I can buy almost 2 "tupperware" guns (brand name left out so as not to anger Dustin :p) for the price of one H&K. That, and I'll be issued a USPc anyway if I pass the FFDO screening and do the training....

So This is now a pointless topic ? :?

VAopencarry

imported post

Can you try and dig up a thread from April?

I'm not interested in shooting a space-case with a 9 and having them go right through... I want to stop them in their tracks.

at least I got a good laugh out of that statement.