Thread: Mobile Police Department finally replies

Post imported post

In response to my letter, Mobile Police Department had the following to say:

Dear Mr. Sheldon,

Let me first apologize for the delay in responding to your request. Chief Phillip Garret received your letter inquiring about whether the Mobile Police Department was aware of the applicable laws and statutes that pertain to the carrying of concealed and unconcealed weapons. Let me assure you that the Mobile Police Department and its officers are learned in these laws and its [sic] applicability to the citizens in our city.

Let me further assure you that our police officers will handle all calls as professionally and expediently as possible by upholding the laws as they exist.

Thank you for your interest in this matter.

Sincerely,
    Wanda B. Rahman, Attorney and Legal Advisor
    Mobile Police Department

Post imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
    In response to my letter, Mobile Police Department had the following to say:

Dear Mr. Sheldon,

Let me first apologize for the delay in responding to your request. Chief Phillip Garret received your letter inquiring about whether the Mobile Police Department was aware of the applicable laws and statutes that pertain to the carrying of concealed and unconcealed weapons. Let me assure you that the Mobile Police Department and its officers are learned in these laws and its [sic] applicability to the citizens in our city.

Let me further assure you that our police officers will handle all calls as professionally and expediently as possible by upholding the laws as they exist.

Thank you for your interest in this matter.

Sincerely,
    Wanda B. Rahman, Attorney and Legal Advisor
    Mobile Police Department
    Doesn't REALLY say if they are aware of the real law OR the law as they see it!

Dave Martin

Pa. DOC

Post imported post

Correct. I don't know why they would wait two months to reply, only to send a letter that says absolutely nothing. Oh, wait, yes I do: they are government stooges.

Post imported post

That...ladies and gentlefold is why a college education is so important. A response so carefully crafted that it responds to the inquiry without giving any answer at all.

On a grammatical note... "its" was correct usage of the word. "it's" would be a contraction of "it is" and it would not make sense to say "...the Mobile Police Department and its officers are learned in these laws and it is applicability to the citizens in our city..."

Post imported post

Fallschirmjäger wrote:
    That...ladies and gentlefold is why a college education is so important. A response so carefully crafted that it responds to the inquiry without giving any answer at all.

On a grammatical note... "its" was correct usage of the word. "it's" would be a contraction of "it is" and it would not make sense to say "...the Mobile Police Department and its officers are learned in these laws and it is applicability to the citizens in our city..."
    Must be a politician.

Dave Martin

Pa. DOC

Post imported post

Fallschirmjäger wrote:
    "Its" was referring to the "laws", so it should have been "...and their applicability".