• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was in Wal-Mart ...........

imperialism2024

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
Actually, I wasn't aware of the other incident but thanks for sharing the letter. I thought the police in PA treated the citizens better than that... Cuffed without being arrested and detained without being charged,detained in the cold for an hour against your will... Taking an hour to run your gun and your name...

I sympathize.. Just unbelievable.
PA police generally do treat citizens better than that, though there's always the occasional exception.

jcman

imported post

Why is it one of the first questions that is asked is, "do you have a permit for that?"

Has anyone tried to be a smartass about this and pulled out a copy of the 2A? Just pull it out, show them, and say "Why yes I do."

imperialism2024

imported post

jcman wrote:
Why is it one of the first questions that is asked is, "do you have a permit for that?"

Has anyone tried to be a smartass about this and pulled out a copy of the 2A? Just pull it out, show them, and say "Why yes I do."
Well, technically, your birth certificate would be your natural permit to carry. The Constitution merely enumerates rights with which you were born.

swillden

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Well, technically, your birth certificate would be your natural permit to carry. The Constitution merely enumerates rights with which you were born.
So you need a piece of paper to prove that you were born?

swillden

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
swillden wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
So you need a piece of paper to prove that you were born?
Picky, picky...
:)

Yes, I was picking nits. It's not a bad point, though. Your "permit" to carry is your existence, which is a fact independent of any government document, or even of any government.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I use to carry a little Bill of Rights card, but now I make it a point not to carry ANY for of ID, I am who I say I am. There is no Law that say I have to have a ID (not yet atleast) It starts sunday