• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho State Do-Not Patornize List

Shy_Panda

imported post

I'm going to start a ID "DO NOT PATRONIZE" Database and will keep it current. You post businesses (Name of business and location, be specific, as there may be more of that business in any one city/area) that you have seen with a "No Guns" sign on the front of the building or have shown you the written policy of no weapons allowed in the store. Having a manager tell you that they have this policy will put them on a "watch", but if they do verbally tell you, ask to see the written policy; once you see it in writing, they're on the BIG list.

You can either send me a PM with the info on the business or (preferably) post a reply here. I will be listing/editing this list on an individual location basis, unless it is stated that the policy shown to the customer was a "corporate-wide" policy, as I don't want to alienate gun-friendly stores, just because they have the same name as another anti-gun store; some places are not franchised and make their own rules.

I will also add a Pro-Gun business list so we can take our money to those businesses that have specifically said it's okay or promote our carry. This does not mean "Hey, I went here and had no issues," it means that someone that works there (preferably a manager or supervisor) actually noticed the gun and said something positive about it. I figure I should keep this list as well, since as the saying goes "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem", so I'm going to make sure we have other places to frequent that offer the services the anti-gun businesses offer so we can take our money there.

As these lists will continuously change, the information will only be as good as is given to me, including whether the store is still anti-gun or has changed their policy. Also, the information will only be as current as the last edit (obviously), which will be found at the bottom of the original post. I am online frequently, so if there are changes to be done, I will likely have them made within 24-48 hours. I am a Washington resident so I will most likely be putting on border businesses that some individuals might frequent, if you all prefer this be a Idaho only business let me know and I will remove them or at least relocate them to a different listing. Just-a-car created original WA database of which this was modeled.

DO NOT PATRONIZE:

Costco (corporate-wide policy, due to
this thread)
Flaming Joes (11618 E. Sprague Ave.) - Spokane Valley, WA
Tri-State (1104 W Pullman Rd) - Moscow (due to
this thread on April 28, 2008)

Lee Read Jewelers (650 E Sonata Ln) -Meridian (Due to this thread. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum20/13433.html)

Watch List (Asked to not carry, but no official written policy/signage presented:

Hooters (16208 E. Indiana Ave) -Spokane, WA (due to
this thread)
Shopko (1450 S Grand Ave) - Pullman, WA (due to
this thread on April 29, 2008)

PRO-GUN BUSINESSES:

Sonic Drive-In (1313 N Ruby St)
- Spokane, WA (due to this thread)
Quizno's (255 E Main St) - Pullman, WA (due to this thread on April 27, 2008)
Sure Shot (1016 W Pullman Rd) - Moscow

The above lists are only as current as the last edit, found below: