• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No activity in Connecticut?

bradco

imported post

I know we are not officially in any way a OC State, and to tell you the truth I rather CC, but isn't there anything else to discuss on CT that would help us keep informed?

buketdude

imported post

bradco wrote:
I know we are not officially in any way a OC State, and to tell you the truth I rather CC, but isn't there anything else to discuss on CT that would help us keep informed?
On gun laws?? legislation?? open carrying??

bradco

imported post

On anything in General, clubs, new permit holders, experiences or are we too reserved here?

buketdude

imported post

bradco wrote:
On anything in General, clubs, new permit holders, experiences or are we too reserved here?
haha..i don't have nothing interesting to add..sorry...i carry everyday..had my permit for 4-5 years maybe....i am part of a gun club up here in Windsor, CT...

bradco

imported post

After some thought on my message, I guess no news is good news, as stated I am not looking to OC in Connecticut I am more than comfortable CC'ing and staying out of conflict with the Good people here. Thanks Anyway

MontanaCZ

imported post

buketdude wrote:
bradco wrote:
haha..i don't have nothing interesting to add..sorry...i carry everyday..had my permit for 4-5 years maybe....i am part of a gun club up here in Windsor, CT...
Is that the club that floods every spring from the river? I belonged to that club a while ago when we live in Windsor Locks. My wife belonged to the one in West Hartford. When we moved farther east, I then moved to the one in East Windsor that is by the RR tracks.

buketdude

imported post

MontanaCZ wrote:
buketdude wrote:
bradco wrote:
Is that the club that floods every spring from the river? I belonged to that club a while ago when we live in Windsor Locks. My wife belonged to the one in West Hartford. When we moved farther east, I then moved to the one in East Windsor that is by the RR tracks.
it does flood..ya...its right next to the farmington river.....i live in windsor!....

smash29

imported post

MontanaCZ wrote:
buketdude wrote:
bradco wrote:
Where is the club in West Hartford? I grew up there but I don't remember one in town. Then again I wasn't a "gun nut" when I lived there so I probably just didn't notice.

GoldCoaster

imported post

Hello everyone,
soon to be permit-holder (up to week 5 of a ?? week wait). Been shooting for a while in Maine and AZ (auto, HK-71, etc) and have a couple of 22 rifles at home.

Went with my FFL buddy to the range and had a blast, figured it was time to do this myself and here I am.

Any recommendations on gunshops in the Stratford/Bridgeport/Shelton area? People you know and trust?

Favorite ammo suppliers? things like that - which would help me out in the hopefully near future.

Thanks

GC

bradco

imported post

Hi and Welcome, as far as gunshops you can decide but take a look at K-5 in Milford and Guns and Safes which also in Milford, K-5 has really decent guys there that will help you, and are very knowledgeable, as well as Guns and Safes. so visit them both and you will not be disappointed.

GoldCoaster wrote:
Hello everyone,
soon to be permit-holder (up to week 5 of a ?? week wait). Been shooting for a while in Maine and AZ (auto, HK-71, etc) and have a couple of 22 rifles at home.

Went with my FFL buddy to the range and had a blast, figured it was time to do this myself and here I am.

Any recommendations on gunshops in the Stratford/Bridgeport/Shelton area? People you know and trust?

Favorite ammo suppliers? things like that - which would help me out in the hopefully near future.

Thanks

GC

sdrct

imported post

I have shopped Valley Firearms in Shelton, never purchased there. Smaller shop but some nice stuff. I have been to a place in Norwalk that has a range as well (Forest and Field) but pretty high priced. Drive up to Newington Gun Exchange for a nice selection of used stuff, and really nice people. There is a commercial reloader in Marlborough, CT that supplies many ranges and gunshops, that until recently would sell direct. According to their website (bestshotammo.com) they are currently not selling to any new customers, but you might want to give them a call. Good luck on the permit

GoldCoaster

imported post

Thanks for the suggestions, I've checked out their web pages and they seem like pretty nice places. The two in Milford are pretty close to me so I'll have to swing by there and see what they have in person.

Does anyone shoot at the Bridgeport Shooting Range? are there others in the area better/worse?

Thanks

GC