• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

+1 For The Good Guys!

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080428/NEWS03/804280353/1017/news01

By COLBY SLEDGE • Staff Writer • April 28, 2008
A would-be robber at an Inglewood liquor store was shot and killed Saturday night after a customer opened fire, Metro police said.
Two men entered Sinkers Wine & Spirits on Gallatin Pike around 10 p.m. and attempted to rob the store with handguns, Capt. David Imhof said. During the robbery, a customer took out a handgun of his own and began a shootout, Imhof said.

One of the robbery suspects ran away, but the other collapsed outside the store, Imhof said. He was taken to Skyline Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The remaining suspect was still on the loose Sunday night, police said.
The customer who fired on the robbery suspects had a permit to carry a weapon, Imhof said.
"A citizen, like a police officer, has the right to utilize deadly force if there is a threat of serious bodily injury or harm," Imhof said.
The customer, described as in his early 20s, was interviewed and released by police. He has not been charged.
The case is under investigation, Imhof said.

The country needs to hear more of these stories. I commend you, Colby Sledge.