• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you all think?

Sa45auto

imported post

FogRider wrote:
Sa45auto wrote:
I would put the age at 110.

I no one could drink until the age of 110, a lot more people would live to that ripe old age. ;)
The question here is, without beer, who would want to live to 110?

I remember when I was a little kid, I saw what I thought was a can of pop sitting in a neighbors window sil.

I picked it up and took a swig. I promptly spit the terriable stuff out and put the can back. It was beer.

When I was a young man I was on a trip and I had a long layover in Salt Lake City. While I was waiting for the next bus, at about 2:00 in the morning, I was walking around down town, to pass the time till my bus left at 6:00 AM.

I ran into a guy and we started talking.

We walked by a beer joint and he offered to buy me a beer.

I thought, what the heck and took him up on it.

It still tasted terriable.

If I live to be 110, it will be without beer.

rocknsnow

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
rocknsnow wrote:
I know this has nothing to do about gun rights or anything of the sort. But I thought it would be interesting to get peoples opinions on this subject.

The subject is drinking age. There has been discussion in the news about different states that are discussing lowering the drinking age. Some states are using the argument that is a person call fight with the military overseas they should be able to buy a drink.

Here are a few links to articles. I am just curious to what people think.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-03-20-drinkingage_N.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-02-29-drinking-age_N.htm

http://www.wwnytv.net/index.php/2008/04/28/lowering-the-drinking-age-for-soldiers-possible/

Did you get busted for underage drinking? :p ;)

About the military thing...

When I was stationed in Fort Carson, Colorado in 2004, the commanding general could, and did authorize persons under 21 to consume alcohol. It was very restricted, limited to things like promotion celebrations that were after hours, while under your commanding officers supervision.

I didn't get busted. I just read this after a co-worker sent me a link. I just thought I would be fun to hear some discussion. I turn 21 next month so I don't really care. Nor do I really drink either.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

well... im not surprised that UT doesn't have a drinking age of 25 (smoking age is 19. WTF is up with that?), or is dry in most counties.

I never knew what a state liquor store was tillI moved here, but i always bought liquor on a military base.

I drink maybe 3x's a year andI dont like beer.

Most people at 18 IMO still arn't mature enough to handle alcohol at that age.I think its bad when you offer to your friends now to drive them home when ever they need it from a bar, and they call you while they are driving drunk and they are 27yo.

If they want to lower it fine,I snuck in at the 18yo drinking age to get shut down and have to wait till I was 21 to drink again, lol.

There was a reason they made it 21, keep it there.