• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Washington State Supreme Court Decision: Unlawful Terry Stop

heresolong

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Usually those without helmets are those without any provisions to care for them when they become vegetables, so the public ends up picking up the tab, not my idea of a responsible person.
That's an absolute lie, Bear. There are plenty of places you can find out the truth on this so don't go spewing your libelous falsehoods here.
20 years as an EMT with a volunteer fire department and married to a professional Para-medic. she's still working BTW,for longer than that tells me you are wrong. Both of us have seen it time after time. So if I've seen it it is a fact you can take to the bank. The Brady Bunch use stats all the time to support their lies. You can make stats say whatever you want.
You were an EMT so you saw the figures on who pays the tab for motorcycle accidents? That's a load of BS.

And what is it about you and your crap that every time someone disagrees with you you compare them to some liberal group. You do it constantly. I disagree with you therefore I am like the Brady Bunch. Other people disagree with you and they must be voting for Obama or Clinton. You are so full of SH@#$#t.
People who actually volunteer do something for the communityusually follow up on the people they see at accidents to know the out come. Until HIPA came along you would have been surprised what we could learn on a follow up to the hospital.
Obviously you didn't follow up enough since you don't actually know who pays the bills for motorcycle accidents, including head injuries. It is well documented that the public doesn't pay any more for motorcycle accidents than it pays for any other kind of accident.

Bear 45/70

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Usually those without helmets are those without any provisions to care for them when they become vegetables, so the public ends up picking up the tab, not my idea of a responsible person.
That's an absolute lie, Bear. There are plenty of places you can find out the truth on this so don't go spewing your libelous falsehoods here.
20 years as an EMT with a volunteer fire department and married to a professional Para-medic. she's still working BTW,for longer than that tells me you are wrong. Both of us have seen it time after time. So if I've seen it it is a fact you can take to the bank. The Brady Bunch use stats all the time to support their lies. You can make stats say whatever you want.
You were an EMT so you saw the figures on who pays the tab for motorcycle accidents? That's a load of BS.

And what is it about you and your crap that every time someone disagrees with you you compare them to some liberal group. You do it constantly. I disagree with you therefore I am like the Brady Bunch. Other people disagree with you and they must be voting for Obama or Clinton. You are so full of SH@#$#t.
Listen up, I will only say this once before I tell you what I really think of your reading comprehension skills. I did not call anyonea Liberal, what I said was the Liberals were not gonna let it change. So read it again and see what it actually says not what you want it to say!
banghead.gif

Bear 45/70

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

People who actually volunteer do something for the communityusually follow up on the people they see at accidents to know the out come. Until HIPA came along you would have been surprised what we could learn on a follow up to the hospital.
Obviously you didn't follow up enough since you don't actually know who pays the bills for motorcycle accidents, including head injuries. It is well documented that the public doesn't pay any more for motorcycle accidents than it pays for any other kind of accident.
Per the AMA and other bike supportting groups using stats, of course.

heresolong

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

Listen up, I will only say this once before I tell you what I really think of your reading comprehension skills. I did not call anyonea Liberal, what I said was the Liberals were not gonna let it change. So read it again and see what it actually says not what you want it to say!
banghead.gif
Speaking of reading skills lets look at yours. You just said that you "did not call anyone a liberal." So lets see what I actually said you said. Oh, wait, there it is just above your latest inane quote. I said that you said I was like a liberal group. So whose reading skills are not up to par.

Bear 45/70

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

banghead.gif
Speaking of reading skills lets look at yours. You just said that you "did not call anyone a liberal." So lets see what I actually said you said. Oh, wait, there it is just above your latest inane quote. I said that you said I was like a liberal group. So whose reading skills are not up to par.
I never called anyone liberal like or compared them to any liberals, jackass. What I did say was thatthe liberals would not let it change. Now, how the hell does that call anyone, anywhere a liberal or say they are liberal like? Your logic is not only flawed but inane.

heresolong

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

banghead.gif
I never called anyone liberal like or compared them to any liberals, jackass. What I did say was thatthe liberals would not let it change. Now, how the hell does that call anyone, anywhere a liberal or say they are liberal like? Your logic is not only flawed but inane.
No, what you did was compare me to the Brady Bunch when I said that the statistics on medical payment didn't support your argument. You claimed that the Brady Bunch used fake statistics all the time and the implication therefore was that a) my statistics were fake (unlike yours presumably) and b) I was like a liberal group in using fake statistics to bolster my argument. Now you have added ad hominem insult to your repertoire of stupid statements in this thread. Too bad they didn't kick you off when you couldn't keep your racial insults to your self.

t3rmin

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
You're preaching to the choir. But even if something is Constitutionally protected, it hasn't stopped the government from violating said Constitution. Has there been a public out cry over it? NO! Why? Because most people in this country only care about themselves and their family and until they or their family gets stepped on they will tolerate anything. Humans never learn from history, so unless you have enough support to get the revolution rolling, whining about it is just that whining. Why do you thing Kennedy and is ilk keep being elected to Congress?
Well there seemed to be some support or at least resignation toward nanny-state laws like helmet/seatbelt requirements. If that's not the case, then fogettaboutit.

I'm just a little miffed lately about so many so-called conservatives going around being anything but. I'm sure you are too.

I vote my conscience and I'm politically active. I'll be a delegate to the state Republican convention in Spokane at the end of this month. Maybe I'll make it to national, maybe not. I dunno about you, but I don't think it's really fair to say I'm only whining about it...

heresolong

imported post

t3rmin wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
You're preaching to the choir. But even if something is Constitutionally protected, it hasn't stopped the government from violating said Constitution. Has there been a public out cry over it? NO! Why? Because most people in this country only care about themselves and their family and until they or their family gets stepped on they will tolerate anything. Humans never learn from history, so unless you have enough support to get the revolution rolling, whining about it is just that whining. Why do you thing Kennedy and is ilk keep being elected to Congress?
Well there seemed to be some support or at least resignation toward nanny-state laws like helmet/seatbelt requirements. If that's not the case, then fogettaboutit.

I'm just a little miffed lately about so many so-called conservatives going around being anything but. I'm sure you are too.

I vote my conscience and I'm politically active. I'll be a delegate to the state Republican convention in Spokane at the end of this month. Maybe I'll make it to national, maybe not. I dunno about you, but I don't think it's really fair to say I'm only whining about it...
Actually historically it has been the Republican party at a national level that supported and passed the rollback of the national helmet law blackmail provisions, the R party at the state level that has consistently introduced repearl laws for the current helmet law (unfortunately they have been a minority for quite some time), and the R party at both levels that has been more consistently pro gun although we have been fortunate in this state that there have been enough rural D legislators that we have avoided serious losses in our firearm rights.

I think that we have also done a great job of getting active, in spite of our differences on the boards, when the time came to mobilize against particularly offensive legislation, getting the general public on our side. If we keep up the education campaign I think that most people will support the Constitution, they just are often confused about what is permissible. Although Bear is less optimistic about the average Joe I tend to think that the biggest problem is that they are constantly bombarded with falsehoods. Guns cause crime, people without helmets are a danger to society, government should protect you from hurting yourself. The way to turn this around is to provide them with the truth, that guns free you to be self dependent, that people have the right to take risks with their own lives otherwise we don't live in a free society.

There is no easy fix but considering that this process has been going in the liberal direction at least since the 30's we can't turn things around in a just a few years.

t3rmin

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Actually historically it has been the Republican party at a national level that supported and passed the rollback of the national helmet law blackmail provisions, the R party at the state level that has consistently introduced repearl laws for the current helmet law (unfortunately they have been a minority for quite some time), and the R party at both levels that has been more consistently pro gun although we have been fortunate in this state that there have been enough rural D legislators that we have avoided serious losses in our firearm rights.

I think that we have also done a great job of getting active, in spite of our differences on the boards, when the time came to mobilize against particularly offensive legislation, getting the general public on our side. If we keep up the education campaign I think that most people will support the Constitution, they just are often confused about what is permissible. Although Bear is less optimistic about the average Joe I tend to think that the biggest problem is that they are constantly bombarded with falsehoods. Guns cause crime, people without helmets are a danger to society, government should protect you from hurting yourself. The way to turn this around is to provide them with the truth, that guns free you to be self dependent, that people have the right to take risks with their own lives otherwise we don't live in a free society.

There is no easy fix but considering that this process has been going in the liberal direction at least since the 30's we can't turn things around in a just a few years.
Yeah I haven't completely given up on the GOP... yet. That's why I'm trying to be a part of the solution with caucus/convention process rather than just "whine".

We just keep at it, keep preachin' the good word and waking up the "sheep" and we can make a difference.

Bear 45/70

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

banghead.gif
No, what you did was compare me to the Brady Bunch when I said that the statistics on medical payment didn't support your argument. You claimed that the Brady Bunch used fake statistics all the time and the implication therefore was that a) my statistics were fake (unlike yours presumably) and b) I was like a liberal group in using fake statistics to bolster my argument. Now you have added ad hominem insult to your repertoire of stupid statements in this thread. Too bad they didn't kick you off when you couldn't keep your racial insults to your self.
No, I used that Brady Bunch as a misuse of stats. I compared no one to them. If you think you are like them that's you problem, not mine

surfj9009

imported post

t3rmin wrote:
heresolong wrote:

Yeah I haven't completely given up on the GOP... yet. That's why I'm trying to be a part of the solution with caucus/convention process rather than just "whine".

We just keep at it, keep preachin' the good word and waking up the "sheep" and we can make a difference.
+1 to both quotes.

RON PAUL CAN STILL WIN!!!!!

surfj9009

imported post

I like to set my laptop up on my reloading bench. It is a nice way to double task. I read threads, watch you tube, etc, while doing mindless reloading taks like resizing brass or putting in new primers.

I even have gotten pretty good at bullet seating while reading threads on here or watching you tube.

Of course it helps when I do all this when my GF is at work, since it bores her to death.

surfj9009

imported post

Oh, by the way Citizen. if you spend some time reading through the Washington forum, you will notice that we always seem to get off topic pretty easy. :cool:

It's a good thing that we have such a good community here.:D And we have people who almost incite riots sometimes, mainly Bear, which provide an interesting dynamic, and a constant devils advocate.

Trigger Dr

imported post

:D:celebrateHey BEAR 4570, can we change your name to the internet Bully?:D:DJust kidding

Jim

Dave_pro2a

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
bobernet wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

Citizenship is something that is valuable (at least to some of us who have seen what it can cost. Mybe everyone should have to serve to earn the right to be a citizen. See Starship Troopers for and examole)and those that don't value it should loose it, you know like felons and others to stupid to appreciate it. The reason the war on drugs doesn't work is because of people with your attitude. We need to get tough about it, instead of half measures that people like you advocate.

Hmmm... In many states, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit is a felony. So, if you're open carrying and the wind blows your shirt over your gun momentarily... you deserve to have your citizenship revoked?

The reason the "war on drugs" doesn't work is the same reason prohibition didn't work.

P.S. I don't advocate half-measures, I advocate *no* measures. Just like I don't avocate a "war on alcohol" a "war on tobacco" a "war on trans fats" or a "war on people who want to ride a motorcycle without a helmet."

Before you spew your snide tone, consider that you don't know anything about the service history (or otherwise) of those you deride on the Internet. I did serve - in wartime. Although, unlike you, I don't consider military service to make me any more qualified to have an opinion than those you accuse of being "to [sic] stupid" to appreciate their citizenship or really, "non-felon status" since no one was discussing citizenship until your post.
If you are stupid enough to wear a shirt that can blow over your open carried weapon, then are are too stupid to be open carrying. Good God, don't make excuse for felons and stupid people. You sure don't act like you value your citizenship. You sound like it is just fine if the Congress gives it to anyone, felons and illegals alike. Not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle is like not wearing a helmet in a race car during a race, very, very stupid. Usually those without helmets are those without any provisions to care for them when they become vegetables, so the public ends up picking up the tab, not my idea of a responsible person. The loss of gun rights is because you lost your citizenship and you brought up the loss of gun rights. You can't vote or have any other of those privileges of citizenship, gun rights included.
And you don't act like you value freedom and natural rights.

Starship troopers is crap.

WoD is nothing but a WoF (war on Freedom). Much like the WoT is just a WoF.

WoD also all about making the state money through asset forfiture. Police are rewarded for lying. It also serves to feed the penal system, one of Americas largest cash cows.

BTW, a human being CANNOT lose gun rights, because they are INALIENABLE. That means you cannot seperate them from your humaness. Any law that is counter to that is illegitimate.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

And I support your right to be stupid. Don't wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle if you don't want to.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
bobernet wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

Citizenship is something that is valuable (at least to some of us who have seen what it can cost. Mybe everyone should have to serve to earn the right to be a citizen. See Starship Troopers for and examole)and those that don't value it should loose it, you know like felons and others to stupid to appreciate it. The reason the war on drugs doesn't work is because of people with your attitude. We need to get tough about it, instead of half measures that people like you advocate.

Hmmm... In many states, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit is a felony. So, if you're open carrying and the wind blows your shirt over your gun momentarily... you deserve to have your citizenship revoked?

The reason the "war on drugs" doesn't work is the same reason prohibition didn't work.

P.S. I don't advocate half-measures, I advocate *no* measures. Just like I don't avocate a "war on alcohol" a "war on tobacco" a "war on trans fats" or a "war on people who want to ride a motorcycle without a helmet."

Before you spew your snide tone, consider that you don't know anything about the service history (or otherwise) of those you deride on the Internet. I did serve - in wartime. Although, unlike you, I don't consider military service to make me any more qualified to have an opinion than those you accuse of being "to [sic] stupid" to appreciate their citizenship or really, "non-felon status" since no one was discussing citizenship until your post.
If you are stupid enough to wear a shirt that can blow over your open carried weapon, then are are too stupid to be open carrying. Good God, don't make excuse for felons and stupid people. You sure don't act like you value your citizenship. You sound like it is just fine if the Congress gives it to anyone, felons and illegals alike. Not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle is like not wearing a helmet in a race car during a race, very, very stupid. Usually those without helmets are those without any provisions to care for them when they become vegetables, so the public ends up picking up the tab, not my idea of a responsible person. The loss of gun rights is because you lost your citizenship and you brought up the loss of gun rights. You can't vote or have any other of those privileges of citizenship, gun rights included.

WoD also all about making the state money through asset forfiture. Police are rewarded for lying. It also serves to feed the penal system, one of Americas largest cash cows.

BTW, a human being CANNOT lose gun rights, because they are INALIENABLE. That means you cannot seperate them from your humaness. Any law that is counter to that is illegitimate.

And I support your right to be stupid. Don't wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle if you don't want to.

I also support your right to be stupid as long as I don't end up paying for it, which in todays world in the US doesn't happen. But I live in a world of reality not fantasy like you. FYI, all wars are caused felony stupid. otherwise greed, the hunt for power or religion, not necessarily in that order. But reality says it isn't going to go away either. Believing in world peace is believing in fantasy.

tjschul

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Dave_pro2a wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
bobernet wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

I also support your right to be stupid as long as I don't end up paying for it, which in todays world in the US doesn't happen. But I live in a world of reality not fantasy like you. FYI, all wars are caused felony stupid. otherwise greed, the hunt for power or religion, not necessarily in that order. But reality says it isn't going to go away either. Believing in world peace is believing in fantasy.

I believe in whirled peas, global warming and the right to arm bears!!

You guys make sure and wear your bicycle helmets too, wouldn't want to see you bump your noodles:lol: