Thread: May Day March in Downtown Seattle

Post imported post

For those unaware, hopefully you can get out of town early like me.

May Day march expected to draw hundreds of illegal immigrants
    (Seattle Times)

And it's not just for illegal immigrants. It's an all purpose grievance day....

Recall from last year (MyOwnSide.com ...complete with photos)

I don't think we (pro open-carriers) are welcome.
    /understatement
    Support these forums, please donate if you are able to OpenCarry.Org!

Post imported post

So did you see this part?

It is unlikely anyone participating in the march will be arrested by immigration authorities. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Lorie Dankers said the agency does not "conduct random immigration enforcement."

How does that square with the random checks now being performed in Northern Washington and the San Juans?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Oly had it's usual May Day mini riot. Some bozos broke some windows in a couple of banks. OPD rounded 'em up pretty quick though. Good job!

Post imported post

It's pathetic when a large group of illegal aliens can plana march, announce the route and time, and there isn't a bus parked at the end of that route. Sometimes I really f-ing hate it here.

Post imported post

expvideo wrote:
    It's pathetic when a large group of illegal aliens can plana march, announce the route and time, and there isn't a bus parked at the end of that route. Sometimes I really f-ing hate it here.
    In Arizona, the illegals drive a bus right up to the border and pick up their brethren....while waving at the Border Patrol. I think they have lunch together too.

Post imported post

If I recall correctly the first of these "Parade Protests" drew Thousands of marchers in Seattle. Yesterday's only drew Hundreds. If the public would just ignore them eventually they won't even be able to get coverage by the local Radio/TV stations.

The bigger the fuss made over these protests the more attention they get and therefore bigger turnouts.

Ignore the protests and put the pressure on our government reps to ENFORCE THE LAWS in existance.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

I wonder what would've happened if someone had anonymously reported that there were illegal terrorists participating in the march?... Would they have then started checking ID's (under the Patriot Act, so they could get around the 4th Amendment and our State Constitution... which I don't like) and then find/arrest/deport the illegals?

Not saying it should be done, but it seems like something that someone with an agenda could do to really upset some illegal-luvin' morons.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

The Seattle PI headline today is "Protesters Unite in Peace on May Day." Apparently, they didn't see what happened in Olympia :?.

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    I wonder what would've happened if someone had anonymously reported that there were illegal terrorists participating in the march?... Would they have then started checking ID's (under the Patriot Act, so they could get around the 4th Amendment and our State Constitution... which I don't like) and then find/arrest/deport the illegals?

Not saying it should be done, but it seems like something that someone with an agenda could do to really upset some illegal-luvin' morons.
    How about a "Parade Participant Registration Booth" where they have to show ID?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:

I always though that May Day was when the Communist held their big parade every year? So do all these morons support the Communist position or are they just too stupid to find their own date?

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    amlevin wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:

I always though that May Day was when the Communist held their big parade every year? So do all these morons support the Communist position or are they just too stupid to find their own date?
    I believe Stupid is the operative word.

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:

Never happen. It makes sense and would actually catch the illegals so they could be deported.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    amlevin wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:

Probably a combination of both. Labor has always marched on May Day since the early part of this century because they did, at that time anyway, support the Communist position. Whether or not they still do, May Day has become a labor (in the workers rights) sense of the word. I still think that it is tied to Communism and I think that the current protests illustrate this quite nicely. Get rid of laws that protect our country or business owners and give it all to the downtrodden worker.

Post imported post

a guy i work with was telling me stories about being forced to participate in may day stuff inchina or vietnam or korea... forgot which, either way scary

State Researcher

Post imported post

Some of the tinfoil hat crowd in Oly think the feds are inserting plants in the local "activist community" cointelpro style... That works. Blame the feds for the wide eyed rock throwing anarchists! :P

So which one of you guys in the OC activist community is a fed plant?

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Some of the tinfoil hat crowd in Oly think the feds are inserting plants in the local "activist community" cointelpro style... That works. Blame the feds for the wide eyed rock throwing anarchists! :P

So which one of you guys in the OC activist community is a fed plant?
    HEY! I'm an Anarchist. But rocks are for sissies or those out of ammo.

State Researcher

Post imported post

How many of those bozos do you think even know which end of the gun the bullet leaves? :P

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    How many of those bozos do you think even know which end of the gun the bullet leaves? :P
    Got me, how many?

Post imported post

Jim675 wrote:

It is unlikely anyone participating in the march will be arrested by immigration authorities. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Lorie Dankers said the agency does not "conduct random immigration enforcement."

How does that square with the random checks now being performed in Northern Washington and the San Juans?

Here is what we are dealing with in AZ. Several videos on this site... worth a watch. Pretty much along the same lines as the San Juan stops.

https://www.checkpointusa.org/DHS/homelandSecurity.htm

Click here for a shortcut to the youtube videoshttp://youtube.com/user/CheckpointUSA

Post imported post

I think that is just in WA. If you recall back in 05 or 06. They had a big raid in NC on an air force base. They took all the workes that were working on bldg. I think that might have been a radum search or they knew about it and picked them up. The protest would not be random. They know that they will be there so pick them up.

Jim675 wrote:

State Researcher

Post imported post

Check out what the bozo Pete Bohmer had to say about the recent violence in Oly. For those who don't know, Bohmer is a professor of Marxism at The Evergreen State College, and is happy to take a paycheck from the state.
    http://svlibertarian.info/category/a...local-olympia/

I swear this place is going downhill so fast...

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking about moving. I know that's what they want, but I'm so sick of all of the elitist crap in this state.

Post imported post

It's exactly what "they" want...you can move but it will follow you. I see more and more leftist hotspots across the US.

expvideo wrote:
    Yeah, I'm thinking about moving. I know that's what they want, but I'm so sick of all of the elitist crap in this state.

Post imported post

I've noticed too, especiallythe past few years. How long have you lived in Olympia?

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Check out what the bozo Pete Bohmer had to say about the recent violence in Oly. For those who don't know, Bohmer is a professor of Marxism at The Evergreen State College, and is happy to take a paycheck from the state.
    http://svlibertarian.info/category/a...local-olympia/

State Researcher

Post imported post

I've lived in Oly about 15 months...