• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May Day March in Downtown Seattle

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So did you see this part?

It is unlikely anyone participating in the march will be arrested by immigration authorities. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Lorie Dankers said the agency does not "conduct random immigration enforcement."

How does that square with the random checks now being performed in Northern Washington and the San Juans?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Oly had it's usual May Day mini riot. Some bozos broke some windows in a couple of banks. OPD rounded 'em up pretty quick though. Good job!

expvideo

imported post

It's pathetic when a large group of illegal aliens can plana march, announce the route and time, and there isn't a bus parked at the end of that route. Sometimes I really f-ing hate it here.

400HP

imported post

expvideo wrote:
It's pathetic when a large group of illegal aliens can plana march, announce the route and time, and there isn't a bus parked at the end of that route. Sometimes I really f-ing hate it here.
In Arizona, the illegals drive a bus right up to the border and pick up their brethren....while waving at the Border Patrol. I think they have lunch together too.

amlevin

imported post

If I recall correctly the first of these "Parade Protests" drew Thousands of marchers in Seattle. Yesterday's only drew Hundreds. If the public would just ignore them eventually they won't even be able to get coverage by the local Radio/TV stations.

The bigger the fuss made over these protests the more attention they get and therefore bigger turnouts.

Ignore the protests and put the pressure on our government reps to ENFORCE THE LAWS in existance.

just_a_car

imported post

I wonder what would've happened if someone had anonymously reported that there were illegal terrorists participating in the march?... Would they have then started checking ID's (under the Patriot Act, so they could get around the 4th Amendment and our State Constitution... which I don't like) and then find/arrest/deport the illegals?

Not saying it should be done, but it seems like something that someone with an agenda could do to really upset some illegal-luvin' morons.

carhas0

imported post

The Seattle PI headline today is "Protesters Unite in Peace on May Day." Apparently, they didn't see what happened in Olympia :?.

amlevin

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I wonder what would've happened if someone had anonymously reported that there were illegal terrorists participating in the march?... Would they have then started checking ID's (under the Patriot Act, so they could get around the 4th Amendment and our State Constitution... which I don't like) and then find/arrest/deport the illegals?

Not saying it should be done, but it seems like something that someone with an agenda could do to really upset some illegal-luvin' morons.
How about a "Parade Participant Registration Booth" where they have to show ID?

Bear 45/70

imported post

amlevin wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

I always though that May Day was when the Communist held their big parade every year? So do all these morons support the Communist position or are they just too stupid to find their own date?

amlevin

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
amlevin wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

I always though that May Day was when the Communist held their big parade every year? So do all these morons support the Communist position or are they just too stupid to find their own date?
I believe Stupid is the operative word.

Bear 45/70

imported post

amlevin wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

Never happen. It makes sense and would actually catch the illegals so they could be deported.

heresolong

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
amlevin wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

Probably a combination of both. Labor has always marched on May Day since the early part of this century because they did, at that time anyway, support the Communist position. Whether or not they still do, May Day has become a labor (in the workers rights) sense of the word. I still think that it is tied to Communism and I think that the current protests illustrate this quite nicely. Get rid of laws that protect our country or business owners and give it all to the downtrodden worker.

uncoolperson

imported post

a guy i work with was telling me stories about being forced to participate in may day stuff inchina or vietnam or korea... forgot which, either way scary

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Some of the tinfoil hat crowd in Oly think the feds are inserting plants in the local "activist community" cointelpro style... That works. Blame the feds for the wide eyed rock throwing anarchists! :p

So which one of you guys in the OC activist community is a fed plant?

Bear 45/70

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Some of the tinfoil hat crowd in Oly think the feds are inserting plants in the local "activist community" cointelpro style... That works. Blame the feds for the wide eyed rock throwing anarchists! :p

So which one of you guys in the OC activist community is a fed plant?
HEY! I'm an Anarchist.
48_48.gif
But rocks are for sissies or those out of ammo.
RoflLg.gif

ATCer

imported post

Jim675 wrote:

It is unlikely anyone participating in the march will be arrested by immigration authorities. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Lorie Dankers said the agency does not "conduct random immigration enforcement."

How does that square with the random checks now being performed in Northern Washington and the San Juans?

Here is what we are dealing with in AZ. Several videos on this site... worth a watch. Pretty much along the same lines as the San Juan stops.

https://www.checkpointusa.org/DHS/homelandSecurity.htm

Click here for a shortcut to the youtube videoshttp://youtube.com/user/CheckpointUSA

dlnwoody

imported post

I think that is just in WA. If you recall back in 05 or 06. They had a big raid in NC on an air force base. They took all the workes that were working on bldg. I think that might have been a radum search or they knew about it and picked them up. The protest would not be random. They know that they will be there so pick them up.

Jim675 wrote: