• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart ROCKS!!!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Ok, a little story til I get to it.

Last night I saw a Goodrich & Gould shoulder holster for a Beretta F92 on KSL.com. This particular holster fits my S&W 4006 "like a glove". New at $45, can't pass this up. I called the number this last night to make sure the person still has it and...affirmative. I told the person that I would call back in the morning.

I called back this morning and set upan appointment to buy it.

As I went there I OCed my Kimber and carried my .40 (the4006) MOB.

Due to some complications the seller and I had to go to his house, which is at about 8400 W & 3500 S. On the way back I would be passing Walmart at around 5600 W & 3500 S. I wanted to buy some ammo. I know that their ammo is a VERY good price for the .40

At this time I was Carrying the Shoulder Holster with the .40 in it and my Kimber in a Serpa with the Paddle this time around.

Both OC.

As I went in there nothing special. I went straight to gun counter in the far left back. I ask If I could get 100 round box of .40's. I decided to get Remington UMC .40 S&W 180gr JHP. Total price after tax...................are you sitting down....only $33.95.

(I could have gotten Winchester .40S&W 165gr Target ammo for only $26.99, but I thought it was worth the extra few $)

NO QUESTIONS from the lady at the counter that sold me the ammo. Not even "I have to walk you to the door", bla,bla,bla.

On the way out the Greeter ( a lady ) just smiled at me and said something to the effect -"Looks like you are ready for a shoot-out"

Said bye and I left.

A Good Day at Walmart, as I said

TJ

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Ok, a little story til I get to it.

Last night I saw a Goodrich & Gould shoulder holster for a Beretta F92 on KSL.com. This particular holster fits my S&W 4006 "like a glove". New at $45, can't pass this up. I called the number this last night to make sure the person still has it and...affirmative. I told the person that I would call back in the morning.

I called back this morning and set upan appointment to buy it.

As I went there I OCed my Kimber and carried my .40 (the4006) MOB.

Due to some complications the seller and I had to go to his house, which is at about 8400 W & 3500 S. On the way back I would be passing Walmart at around 5600 W & 3500 S. I wanted to buy some ammo. I know that their ammo is a VERY good price for the .40

At this time I was Carrying the Shoulder Holster with the .40 in it and my Kimber in a Serpa with the Paddle this time around.

Both OC.

As I went in there nothing special. I went straight to gun counter in the far left back. I ask If I could get 100 round box of .40's. I decided to get Remington UMC .40 S&W 180gr JHP. Total price after tax...................are you sitting down....only $33.95.

(I could have gotten Winchester .40S&W 165gr Target ammo for only $26.99, but I thought it was worth the extra few $)

NO QUESTIONS from the lady at the counter that sold me the ammo. Not even "I have to walk you to the door", bla,bla,bla.

On the way out the Greeter ( a lady ) just smiled at me and said something to the effect -"Looks like you are ready for a shoot-out"

Said bye and I left.

A Good Day at Walmart, as I said

TJ
I tested the Walmart here in Vegas last night. No issues at all, not even a smart-ass comment about my Glock.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
I tested the Walmart here in Vegas last night. No issues at all, not even a smart-ass comment about my Glock.

Hey, nice tupperware! Is it real?

There ya go, one smart-ass comment from one Glock owner to another. :p

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Bravo_Sierra wrote:

Hey, nice tupperware! Is it real?

There ya go, one smart-ass comment from one Glock owner to another. :p
yeah I'm thinking about getting a CCF race frame soon... too bad the dumbasses don't make for for a Model 19.

I'd suggest some XS "Big Dot" sights though.

xRapidDavex

imported post

I open carried to Harmons in WVC and Walmart in South Salt Lake today.

I was going to my Brother in law's/sister's house tonight for dinner, and wanted to show them my new sidearm. They asked that I bring some salad and bread for dinner, so I stopped at Harmon's to get the items. I don't think anyone really noticed my sidearm because I didn't notice any stares, and the check out girl didn't say anything to me - very pleasant experience.

At the house, after dinner, we went into the back to relax. My sister went into the house for about 5 minutes, and my Brother in law immediately asked to see my new sidearm. Until that point, neither had said anything about it being on my hip. I showed it to him after clearing the gun, and had it back in my holster by the time my sister came out.

We started talking about guns and open carry as we went back into the house, and my sister finally asked if I was carrying. I was around her for over an hour and she never even realized that I had it (she's obviously condition white). She asked me questions about carrying (what if a bad guy sees it, can you really carry that, etc) and to my surprise she was very enthusiastic about it.

I left and stopped off at Walmart around 10:15 in South Salt Lake to get things we were out of at my house. The place was PACKED. Again, I didn't notice anyone around me staring while I shopped, and talked to a store employee briefly who only saw my weak side. I got up to the front of the store to checkout at 10:30 and I was very aware of the people around me. I made sure to keep my hands on the cart handle and never got huffy even though there were soooo many people in line.

I believe a Mexican man noticed my sidearm because he was hanging back from his family about 10 degrees of to my right, 10 feet away. He was kind of eyeing me and looking around which made me a little nervous. I kept my cool, and as his family got up to the checkout counter, he moved forward with them. They were gone, and my turn to pay for my things. No one said anything to me, no door greeter was there when I walked in, and no managers were called.

I was very happy with this experience, and I'm glad no fuss was made.