Thread: goin to CA

Post imported post

hey all, im from CA, moved to UT 9 months ago, and i OC every day here... im goin to CA with my fam cause dad has a dentists appointment... yes... in so cal. so what are the laws and regulations for LA countyand orange county? i carry a glock 23, ill leave the hi cap mags at home

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
    hey all, im from CA, moved to UT 9 months ago, and i OC every day here... im goin to CA with my fam cause dad has a dentists appointment... yes... in so cal. so what are the laws and regulations for LA countyand orange county? i carry a glock 23, ill leave the hi cap mags at home

Hey b1ack5mith, I can't tell you anything about whether you should carry or not when you visit California, but please don't adopt the language of the anti-gun people. What you have and normally use in your gun in Utah are standard capacity magazines, and the 10-round or less magazines proscribed by law in California are reduced-capacity magazines.

Shoot, if we used the anti's language all the time it would sound like we were going on a killing spree every time we went to the range for target practice.

Edited for spelling

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm not a lawyer, but here's my impression.

Leave the normal capacity mags at home. Bring 10 rounders. You should (not sure, but likely) be able to take your gun there for shooting purposes etc.

unless you have a valid Californistan permit, you CAN NOT carry in CA except for limited unloaded OC in some parts of CA. Ask a few CA memebers what the rules are on unloaded OC. Otherwise carry is outlawed without a permit for CC.

That's the law. Also, punishment is: if you have no criminal record and are not a member of a gang, I've heard that your first offense that is only concealed weapon related (not violence or anything additional) is only a misdemeanor, (otherwise it would be a felony) but you wouldn't get your gun back.... ever.

Stay safe!

Post imported post

i only planned to OC, i wanted to know where i CAN OC. ill be probably in the la mirada area

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar

Post imported post

You can OC, but not loaded. You can have loaded mags on your person. Where you will have a problem is with school zones - not allowed to be within 1000 feet of a school. There you will need to have your handgun in a locked case.

Know that OC is very uncommon in CA at the present time. It will draw attention to you, and you may end up in an encounter with the police. Quite often (more often than not) the police will not know the law and will threaten to arrest you.

If you really want to know all the legal details (which I advise) read the flyer and the pamphletand keep copies with you.

Post imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
    My youre an intrepid soul. You would however, be thesecond multiple StateOCDO memberto embark on open carry in the Golden State. Prophet shared his experience here. It's not impossible- but its best to be prepared.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com