• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blackhawk CQC 4 a Kimber

Chkultr

imported post

I have a Kimber Ultra Raptor. I really think I would like the Blackhawk CQC Serpa Holster. Only one problem.....It is to long. It fits a 5" barrell. I have thought about cutting one down, but I can not spend the 50 bucks on a holsters to have to cut it down and hope it works out! Has anyone cut one down or have any opinions on this!

Thanks
chkultr

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yes I have seen them cut down before online. I haven't in a while but if memory serves people used a dremel going slow to get the initial cut and then sanded smooth with progressively finer emory paper. Googling will probably find you some how to threads on it.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Chkultr wrote:
I have a Kimber Ultra Raptor. I really think I would like the Blackhawk CQC Serpa Holster. Only one problem.....It is to long. It fits a 5" barrell. I have thought about cutting one down, but I can not spend the 50 bucks on a holsters to have to cut it down and hope it works out! Has anyone cut one down or have any opinions on this!

Thanks
chkultr

Yes, I cut my Serpa to fit my Pro TLE/RLII. Used a 32 bit blade.Sand paper and a lighter to "soften" the edges. I also bought a Serpa for my S&W 4006. I had to get the Serpa for the H&K P30 and modify it. It's really a great material to work with.

I will see if I can get some pictures for you.

$50 !!!!!! OMG, I bought mine for $32.99 I believe. Look around, maybe ebay.

TJ

Chkultr

imported post

thanks for the info! I was thinking about turning the saw blade around on my sliding miter saw and cut the holster. That is the same way you can cut vinyl siding!!!
I am looking forward to the pictures.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Chkultr wrote:
thanks for the info! I was thinking about turning the saw blade around on my sliding miter saw and cut the holster. That is the same way you can cut vinyl siding!!!
I am looking forward to the pictures.

You're welcome. I will see if I can get those pics tonight. I have a friend who can make them visable on the site. I am NOT that computer savy, savy ????:lol:

TJ

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have an Ultra Carry II. I bought a serpa and cut it on the band saw. I cut the holster at a slight angle at the sight side and the frame side and left the middle parallel to the muzzle than filed and sanded smooth. Looks just like it was made that way.

Oh by the way I cut mine about an half inch longer than the gun. hope this helps. I'd post pictures but I'm not good on stuff like that.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Chkultr if you can make it to the next Tidewater oc dinner which should be soon and on the south side you can see the holster I modified. Hope to see you there .

iceman100

imported post

Can you tell me if you had the Carbon Fiber Serpa Model or are they all Carbon Fiber? I have the same issue with my Kimber CDP and it needs to be cut down.

Chkultr

imported post

I have noticed that my gun rocks back and forth in the holster. Does anyone else have this issue. I think maybe it is because I cut the holster down to fit my 3". I have the tension screw set to where it is on the line where I can draw my weapon and can't draw my weapon!

Kimber Ultra Raptor
Lined the SERPA with suede