Thread: does the reciprocity agreement allow with VA

Post imported post

Does the reciprocity agreement with WA to VA allow open carry, no permit in VA if I bring a gun from WA on airlines.

Post imported post

Whatever state you are in determines the legality of OC (or lack thereof). Reciprocity agreements are for CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS/LICENSES only.

For those states that do not differentiat between CC and OC withtheir permit/license (LTCF) then I would presume it would be regarded as a CC permit/license by the 'honoring' state since said permit/license allows you to CC....assuming there is reciprocity with the issuing state of course.

Standard IANAL disclaimer and stuff.

Post imported post

packing.org used to be a great resource for this kind of stuff until it went to hell. Anyone know if someone has set up an alternative that combines the info that used to be available there?

Edit: Oh wait, I just found something called gunlaws.com. I will have to check it out and see what they have.

Post imported post

Wa. Does not have a reciprocity agreement with VA. You would only be allowed to open carry but would have to unload before entering any vehicle.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

this seems to be a great place for finding this out.

Post imported post

heresolong wrote:
    packing.org used to be a great resource for this kind of stuff until it went to hell. Anyone know if someone has set up an alternative that combines the info that used to be available there?

Edit: Oh wait, I just found something called gunlaws.com. I will have to check it out and see what they have.
    http://www.gunlaws.com/links/

This one doesn't give specifics on the website but it does link to the relevant statutes for each state so could be a good resource.