• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

does the reciprocity agreement allow with VA

esmart

imported post

Does the reciprocity agreement with WA to VA allow open carry, no permit in VA if I bring a gun from WA on airlines.

Phssthpok

imported post

Whatever state you are in determines the legality of OC (or lack thereof). Reciprocity agreements are for CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS/LICENSES only.

For those states that do not differentiat between CC and OC withtheir permit/license (LTCF) then I would presume it would be regarded as a CC permit/license by the 'honoring' state since said permit/license allows you to CC....assuming there is reciprocity with the issuing state of course.

Standard IANAL disclaimer and stuff.

heresolong

imported post

packing.org used to be a great resource for this kind of stuff until it went to hell. Anyone know if someone has set up an alternative that combines the info that used to be available there?

Edit: Oh wait, I just found something called gunlaws.com. I will have to check it out and see what they have.

joeroket

imported post

Wa. Does not have a reciprocity agreement with VA. You would only be allowed to open carry but would have to unload before entering any vehicle.

heresolong

imported post

heresolong wrote:
packing.org used to be a great resource for this kind of stuff until it went to hell. Anyone know if someone has set up an alternative that combines the info that used to be available there?

Edit: Oh wait, I just found something called gunlaws.com. I will have to check it out and see what they have.
http://www.gunlaws.com/links/

This one doesn't give specifics on the website but it does link to the relevant statutes for each state so could be a good resource.