• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best Richmond area store for OC holsters?

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I thought southern police would have a lot of them but only a very few listed on their website.

I am tired of doing the untuck, and some of the ones I bought online don't work very well. I want to try a few out.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

dixiehacker wrote:
Last time I was in green top, they had a pretty good selection.

http://www.greentophuntfish.com/
They must have restocked since my last visit. I went in, they had nothing for a .357 snub, nothing for my beretta or my walther.

They also had no 20 gauge buck and were short on 12. I was really quite miffed to have taken an afternoon off. :cuss::cuss:

dixiehacker

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow, that's terrible that green top had that problem. I haven't been there in about 9 months, it was great then. I was, however, mostly getting reloading supplies.

dixiehacker

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If you are ever up in Manassas, Virginia Arms has an excellent selection. I know they are still there, as I go there a few times a month.

sitedzn

imported post

Try Town Police Supply at Courthouse and 360. If you like Safariland holsters, they probably have something on their wall for you. And if they don't, they can get it pretty quickly (like next day if their other store has it). In addition, their prices are really good. They also have other makes of holsters, and being a supplier for police, I'm sure their stuff is good for OC;).

vt357

imported post

sitedzn wrote:
Try Town Police Supply at Courthouse and 360. If you like Safariland holsters, they probably have something on their wall for you. And if they don't, they can get it pretty quickly (like next day if their other store has it). In addition, their prices are really good. They also have other makes of holsters, and being a supplier for police, I'm sure their stuff is good for OC;).
+1

That's where I get my OC gear.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Holsterama -- http://www.holsterama.com e-mail sales@holsterama.com
(ETA: just tried the site, and it didn't work. But if you can find the JBP holsters, I recommend you try them).

Call Engin (pronounced like a car's "engine") at 804-320-5653

I wear the leather JBP inside/outside the waistband holster, and I go buy one for every gun I buy. Engin carries several others. He does the Fredericksburg and the Chantilly shows; I don't know about any others.

Best of luck.