• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Company Policy - No Threatening Behavior

imperialism2024

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
ravensmiles13 wrote:
Does that mean all the free Tibet posters in my workplace can now be construed as inciting a riot? Or that some of the Chinese nationals that come to our office for training on our product now have the right to say they are being harassed?
Probably ... and if any branch of gov't is involved more than likely.
Well, your country is owned by China and your company probably is, too. I'd watch it with those "Free Tibet" posters...

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
There's no way to predict irrationality. I once got a talking-to at work because I was discussing a videogame called Grand Theft Auto with the other guy in my cubicle, and a crazy woman a few cubes away overheard me and was offended by the game. I wasn't even swearing. Rediculous. In this over-sensitive, sue-happy, PC world, any moron can make endless mischief and harm to others' careers.
Luckily my manager and many others all went out and picked up GTA the day it came out, so if anyone complains about us talking about it, they will have a hard time getting any support.