• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Air guns in Henderson

takemine2

Campaign Veteran
... Needless to say that bird is now in my trash can and his cronies seem to have got the picture and left!

Just to add another twist to your original bird problem, you may also want to research what specie of bird it is that you are having or had trouble with and see if it is Federally Protected before you eliminate any more of them... and you may want to think carefully before passing on more bird killing stories, just in case.

6ftunder

Really?

Plain and simple. Airgun = No No
-------

NRS 202.253 Definitions. As used in NRS 202.253 to 202.369, inclusive: [[<----IMPORTANT PART RIGHT THERE!!!]]

1. “Explosive or incendiary device” means any explosive or incendiary material or substance that has been constructed, altered, packaged or arranged in such a manner that its ordinary use would cause destruction or injury to life or property.

2. “Firearm” means any device designed to be used as a weapon from which a projectile may be expelled through the barrel by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion.

3. “Firearm capable of being concealed upon the person” applies to and includes all firearms having a barrel less than 12 inches in length.

4. “Motor vehicle” means every vehicle that is self-propelled.

(Added to NRS by 1977, 879; A 1979, 157; 1989, 1239; 1995, 1151, 2533, 2726; 1997, 662, 826; 2001, 805; 2003, 1350; 2005, 594)

SO... the mexican food I ate last night qualifies an a firearm??? It was the compressed gas in my stomach which fired the balled up napkin, through the hole in my desert donut..

An air rifle neither uses an explosion or combustion to propell

The Big Guy

SO... the mexican food I ate last night qualifies an a firearm??? It was the compressed gas in my stomach which fired the balled up napkin, through the hole in my desert donut..

An air rifle neither uses an explosion or combustion to propell

An air rifle (gun) does indeed come under state definition as a "firearm". I'm sure someone will come up with the NRS, but it does mention compressed gas, springs etc..

TBG

28kfps

An air rifle (gun) does indeed come under state definition as a "firearm". I'm sure someone will come up with the NRS, but it does mention compressed gas, springs etc..

TBG

Very interesting for two reasons. First, I agree with the big guy. The way I read the law a LEO could very easily say one is breaking the NRS by shooting an air rifle. The other is this thread is full of past knowledgeable gun owner’s postings whether one agrees with their opinion or not, where did the go?