Thread: Encounter at Freighthouse square

Post imported post

The wife and I went to pick up the poster size gun rights from M1GUNR's wife, and hen to Freighthouse Square for lunch. (WOW that 33" x 44" poster is A W S O ME!!)

Setting in front of the fish & chips -place enjoying the captains plate when I was approached by a man who quitely asked " Excuse me sir, but do you have to have a permit to carry your gun like that?"

I said "have a seat and let's talk about this." I gave him a pamphlet and had a short discussion about OC, and marveled at the change of expression on his face.

He thanked me profusely and returned to his table and lunch. Funny, he did not eat much lunch, but was totally engrossed in the Gun Rights Pamphlet. As we left I stopped by his table and bid him a good day. Once again the thanks and handshakes and a B I G smile on his face.

Great day of OC

Post imported post

This is in the WA forums. If you look a little further back in the WA forums, the March monthly get-together was at Freighthouse Square in Tacoma, WA.

Edit: you can read about it here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/8655.html

Also, great job on informing that gentleman about OC, Trigger. Keep up the good work!
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Great job, Jim! I hope he checks in here. Maybe another convert!

Post imported post

Great job !! The few times I have been in there for lunch I have seen a few LEO "plain clothes." Occasionally I have seen the flash of a badge or seen a gold shield.

Glad you like the poster. Once I get the gromets installed in my laminated one it will be great to hang up at our outings.

For those that have not seen the poster size vs the pamphlet.....

Post imported post

Man that ink can't be cheap, how much for a copy?

Post imported post

Even though my compnay is anti gun, I have a very cool boss who lets me print out one now and again. As far as charging someone for it I couldn't. However if you took the phamplet to Kinkos on a thumb drive they will print it out for you on better paper with better ink in the neighborhood of $35. I priced a heavy vinyl banner with groments and the cost was $125 per sheet. I had them laminate what I printed out and it was $74.

Post imported post

My personal printer seems to cut off the right side of the trifold half way through the 'n' on Wshington Gu'n' and on the inside, the third line it says: "open to unscreene" and in the blue for section (5) "possession of fire".

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm enjoying passing these out. They really help educate people.

Post imported post

I hope you don't mind. I've converted the pdf to jpg's. This will help make it easier to print, as you don't have to deal with adobe interpreting the document.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Here's the second page.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Quentusrex,

The original file printed well on laser printers, but inkjet printers (which I am assuming that you have) tend to have wider unprintable areas on the short page side. I had the same problem so I asked surfj9009 to make the file available to me so that I could play with the formatting. The net result is a second file which is available in surfj9009's second post in the original thread (http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/7906.html). The file is named with an _inkjet designation to indicate formatting for inkjet printers. Give this file a try for printing on your personal printer.

Regards,

Steve

Post imported post

My laser printer didn't like them. It shaded areas of print, they were ugly as sin.... I tried the pdf and they came out fine.
    I've got 100 copies on hand if anyone needs a few. -Bill

Post imported post

Thnks for the offer Bill, but I still have 375 from the 750 I ordered.

Jim

Post imported post

I need a pamphlet made for Nevada... anyone interested in helping?

send me a PM if so.

Post imported post

As the laws vary greatly from state to state I woud start first by checking in your state forum for folks.