• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Encounter at Freighthouse square

Trigger Dr

imported post

The wife and I went to pick up the poster size gun rights from M1GUNR's wife, and hen to Freighthouse Square for lunch. (WOW that 33" x 44" poster is A W S O ME!!)

Setting in front of the fish & chips -place enjoying the captains plate when I was approached by a man who quitely asked " Excuse me sir, but do you have to have a permit to carry your gun like that?"

I said "have a seat and let's talk about this." I gave him a pamphlet and had a short discussion about OC, and marveled at the change of expression on his face.

He thanked me profusely and returned to his table and lunch. Funny, he did not eat much lunch, but was totally engrossed in the Gun Rights Pamphlet. As we left I stopped by his table and bid him a good day. Once again the thanks and handshakes and a B I G smile on his face.

Great day of OC

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Great job !! The few times I have been in there for lunch I have seen a few LEO "plain clothes." Occasionally I have seen the flash of a badge or seen a gold shield.

Glad you like the poster. Once I get the gromets installed in my laminated one it will be great to hang up at our outings.

For those that have not seen the poster size vs the pamphlet.....

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Even though my compnay is anti gun, I have a very cool boss who lets me print out one now and again. As far as charging someone for it I couldn't. However if you took the phamplet to Kinkos on a thumb drive they will print it out for you on better paper with better ink in the neighborhood of $35. I priced a heavy vinyl banner with groments and the cost was $125 per sheet. I had them laminate what I printed out and it was $74.

quentusrex

imported post

My personal printer seems to cut off the right side of the trifold half way through the 'n' on Wshington Gu'n' and on the inside, the third line it says: "open to unscreene" and in the blue for section (5) "possession of fire".

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm enjoying passing these out. They really help educate people.

quentusrex

imported post

I hope you don't mind. I've converted the pdf to jpg's. This will help make it easier to print, as you don't have to deal with adobe interpreting the document.

Attachments

• Free Washington Gun Rights Pamphlet page1.jpg
    Free Washington Gun Rights Pamphlet page1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 404

2nd_to_one

imported post

Quentusrex,

The original file printed well on laser printers, but inkjet printers (which I am assuming that you have) tend to have wider unprintable areas on the short page side. I had the same problem so I asked surfj9009 to make the file available to me so that I could play with the formatting. The net result is a second file which is available in surfj9009's second post in the original thread (http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/7906.html). The file is named with an _inkjet designation to indicate formatting for inkjet printers. Give this file a try for printing on your personal printer.

Regards,

Steve

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

My laser printer didn't like them. It shaded areas of print, they were ugly as sin.... I tried the pdf and they came out fine.
I've got 100 copies on hand if anyone needs a few. -Bill

Trigger Dr

imported post

Thnks for the offer Bill, but I still have 375 from the 750 I ordered.

Jim