• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wegmans = OC Only

hsmith

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
This is true....

But I can tell you this.... LEOs do not hang out there waiting to catch people CCing there. Now if a citizen calls to report seeing your gun and the LEO finds you.... he would also have to know that the place serves alcohol and make the connection.

For me.... unless you are there drinking... I could NOT care less. :D
;)

possumboy

imported post

We go to the one inFairfax (Monument Drive)all the time. They have a section that fits my daughter's special diet.

We will be going to the one in Woodbridge.

I have always OC'ed because I didn't know if the entire store counted, or just if the restaurant section which is separate, required OC.

I have never had a problem.

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

I've OC'ed at the Whole-Foods at Fairlakes and Alexandria without incident. I know it's notta club, but has restaurants and an on premise ABC licence(Fairlakes, Old Town location gettin' one soon). The Fairlakes location has got some good BBQ.:cool:

LEO 229

imported post

longwatch wrote:
That would be great if you were the Sheriff of Fairfax. Can I say LEO229 said it was OK?:p
I am not up for an election right now.... You can pass my name along but they are not going to know who I am so it will not do you much good. :lol:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

The answer from the State Police:

- - -

Sent: 5/9/2008 11:19:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: RE: WEGMANS?

No person shall carry a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in § 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia.

Donna K. Tate, Manager[size=]

Firearms Transaction Center [size=][/size]

Virginia Department of State Police

Tel: (804) 674-2210

Fax: (804) 674-2791

Email: Donna.Tate@vsp.virginia.gov

[/size]

Chaingun81

imported post

Looks like Total Wine only has an off-premises permit, despite their tastings. Probably, because they don't charge for them and alcohol is not being SOLD for ON-PREMISES consumption... Any ideas? I CC in Total Wine all the time and always thought its ok...

http://www.abc.virginia.gov/licenseeSearch/jsp/controller.jsp?task=licenseedata&license=11653

Item
Value

License

Trade Name
Total Wine & More

Company Name
Manassas Fine Wine Inc

Establishment Type
Gourmet Shop

Establishment Sub-Type

Address
8103 Sudley Rd

Manassas
VA20109

Origination Date
12/04/2000

Privilege Description
Wine and Beer Off Premises/Keg Permit

Privilege Status
Active

Effective Date
12/01/2007

Expiration Date
11/30/2008

Renewal Date
11/15/2008

Mixed Beverage Privilege
Description
N/A

Privilege Status

Effective Date

Expiration Date

Renewal Date

ed

imported post

Donna.Tate wrote:
Sent: 5/9/2008 11:19:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: RE: WEGMANS?

No person shall carry a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in § 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia.

Donna K. Tate, Manager[size=]

Firearms Transaction Center [size=]

Virginia Department of State Police
Tel: (804) 674-2210
Fax: (804) 674-2791
Email: Donna.Tate@vsp.virginia.gov

I wonder why she underlined AND SERVE for ON PREMISES CONSUMPTION

Forty-five

imported post

The Wegmans off Route 28 between Sterling and Ashburn appears to have removed all magazines pertaining to firearms. They haven't posted yet as far as I could tell. Someone over on ar15.com posted the same finding a few days ago, but could not tell his location.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=311006

For those interested:

Wegmans Food Markets
1500 Brooks Avenue
PO Box 30844
Rochester, NY 14603-0844

possumboy

imported post

I've been to the new one in Woodbridgefive (5) time while carrying.

Only person who said anything was a worker from a restaurant I used to frequent.

"Hey, how have you been? I saw your gun and knew it was you."

So, no bad experiences there yet.

hsmith

imported post

possumboy wrote:

Only person who said anything was a worker from a restaurant I used to frequent.

How is it? I drive past it every day and it would be a lot easier to stop there than the one in Fairfax.

possumboy

imported post

hsmith wrote:
possumboy wrote:

How is it? I drive past it every day and it would be a lot easier to stop there than the one in Fairfax.
It is a very nice. I have limited opens because of food allegeries, and I can find almost everything I need there. Plus it saves a lot on gas going to Fairfax.

ed

imported post

I read this again and thought about it alot.. I am comfortyable CC or OC at Wegmans.. They don't serve/sell alhohol for on premis consumtion served with regular meals in the market cafe (where the restaurant is).. That building even has a separate door/entrance.. if they let you taste wine, they are not selling it... You can go in a buy a glass and walk back to have yer pizza or walk around the store. So.. IANAL but will CC or OC as I see fit at wegs.

Ed

hsmith

imported post

ed wrote:
I read this again and thought about it alot.. I am comfortyable CC or OC at Wegmans.. They don't serve/sell alhohol for on premis consumtion served with regular meals in the market cafe (where the restaurant is).. That building even has a separate door/entrance.. if they let you taste wine, they are not selling it... You can go in a buy a glass and walk back to have yer pizza or walk around the store. So.. IANAL but will CC or OC as I see fit at wegs.

Ed
Really? I know the one in Fairfax has a few places that serves alcohol for consumption, one being right across from the meat counter. I haven't been to the one in Sterling.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wegmans is not a gun friendly business as they routinely donate gift cards to support the "gun buybacks" in central and western New York. This is not a business that deserves money from liberty minded people.
---------------------------
Rochester police say they collected 133 guns and more than 300 rounds of ammunition over the weekend during a “no questions asked” gun drop-off.
Police spokeswoman Officer Deidre Taccone says each person who turned in one or more shotguns or long rifles received $50 Wegmans grocery-store gift cards, while those who turned in handguns, assault rifles or fully automatic weapons received $100 gift cards.
Police say they collected 159 guns during a similar drop-off program last month.

TweeksTurbos

imported post

Hmm, I cc into Both Dulles/Fairfax all the time.

Being from Upstate NY, and Wegmans being the only place Ican get certain foods, means I still will shop there.

I don't consider them a resteraunt either, I consider them a grocery store.