Thread: NH officers gun fires, hits fellow officer in chest

Post imported post

Guns don't just "fire" on their own...

Story by wmur.com

CONCORD, N.H. --

A Concord police officer suffered minor injuries Thursday when a fellow officer's gun discharged.

The attorney general's office said four Concord officers were inside the Granite State Credit Union Building on Sheep Davis Road at about 4:30 a.m. when one of the officers' handguns discharged. Another officer was hit in the chest, but he was wearing a protective vest and suffered minor injuries.

The officer was treated and released from Concord Hospital. No other officers were injured in the incident.

The names of the officers involved have not been released. The attorney general's office and State Police Major Crime Unit are investigating, which is standard procedure when a police officer fires a weapon.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Oh, I think peer pressure will take care of this one.

It would be a real handy time for a Concord editorial recommending a return to unarmed "bobbies".

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Very few details. Funny how that is always the case when the government is embarrassed.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Pointman wrote:
    I'm betting the officer won't be charged with "endangering public safety" for pointing a loaded weapon at a person, or "assault on an officer with a deadly weapon," while a normal citizen probably would be.
    That's because they're regals and we're just the commonwealth...

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    Very few details. Funny how that is always the case when the government is embarrassed.
    So true... a government goof seems never worthy to have details given out.

And yes, a regular citizen would be crucified for such an incident.

Post imported post

Bet a dollar this does not end up on CNN...however, had it been a any of us "gun nuts".......it would have seen on a neon billboard courtesy of the "Brady Bunch".

Im just glad the LEO on the recieving end is alright.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Pointman wrote:
    I'm betting the officer won't be charged with "endangering public safety" for pointing a loaded weapon at a person, or "assault on an officer with a deadly weapon," while a normal citizen probably would be.
    If a normal citizen ND'd and hit a cop, that citizen would likely be dead.

Post imported post

Post imported post

two months ago?????:what: