• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NH officers gun fires, hits fellow officer in chest

Flintlock

imported post

Guns don't just "fire" on their own...

Story by wmur.com

CONCORD, N.H. --

A Concord police officer suffered minor injuries Thursday when a fellow officer's gun discharged.

The attorney general's office said four Concord officers were inside the Granite State Credit Union Building on Sheep Davis Road at about 4:30 a.m. when one of the officers' handguns discharged. Another officer was hit in the chest, but he was wearing a protective vest and suffered minor injuries.

The officer was treated and released from Concord Hospital. No other officers were injured in the incident.

The names of the officers involved have not been released. The attorney general's office and State Police Major Crime Unit are investigating, which is standard procedure when a police officer fires a weapon.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oh, I think peer pressure will take care of this one.

It would be a real handy time for a Concord editorial recommending a return to unarmed "bobbies".

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Pointman wrote:
I'm betting the officer won't be charged with "endangering public safety" for pointing a loaded weapon at a person, or "assault on an officer with a deadly weapon," while a normal citizen probably would be.
That's because they're regals and we're just the commonwealth...

smithman

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Very few details. Funny how that is always the case when the government is embarrassed.
So true... a government goof seems never worthy to have details given out.

And yes, a regular citizen would be crucified for such an incident.

Aegis

imported post

Bet a dollar this does not end up on CNN...however, had it been a any of us "gun nuts".......it would have seen on a neon billboard courtesy of the "Brady Bunch".

Im just glad the LEO on the recieving end is alright.:uhoh:

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pointman wrote:
I'm betting the officer won't be charged with "endangering public safety" for pointing a loaded weapon at a person, or "assault on an officer with a deadly weapon," while a normal citizen probably would be.
If a normal citizen ND'd and hit a cop, that citizen would likely be dead.