• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Recognition of CHPs

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Americans with state-issued concealed weapons permits
would be allowed to carry guns wherever they travel in the country
under a bill introduced Monday.

The measure would eliminate a mishmash of concealed weapons
regulations that vary from state to state, Boozman contends. All
states would be forced to recognize concealed handgun permits from
elsewhere. http://tinyurl.com/5yzfts

Yata hey

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I'll bet it's approved by the NRA too! Which part of "shall not be infringed" is so confusing?

The NRA's continued existence depends on infringements and the sale of dispensations from them. A Right licensed and regulated is only a privilege granted by today's tyrant.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA LEO FOAD

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

Article. IV. - The States Section 1 - Each State to Honor all others
Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

I don't see any reason why the states Should have to honor another State's firearms permit like they are required to do with marriage, driver's licenses, etc. I mean, it's only in the US Constitution, right? Why is the exercise of a RIGHT treated differently (read: worse) than the exercise of a PRIVELEGE such as being able to marry or operate a vehicle?

Prophet

imported post

Fallschirmjäger wrote:
I don't see any reason why the states Should have to honor another State's firearms permit like they are required to do with marriage, driver's licenses, etc. I mean, it's only in the US Constitution, right? Why is the exercise of a RIGHT treated differently (read: worse) than the exercise of a PRIVELEGE such as being able to marry or operate a vehicle?

I hear what your saying fall but you are mistaken in you assumption of precedence. Marriage licenses and drivers licenses do NOT have to be honored from state to state. For instance, PA does not have to honor a gay marriage from CA or Mass. New York city, in which you have to be 18 to drive in will not honor out of state licenses whose owners are not 18 or older.

But you are correct in the premise that the two things mentioned are priviledges and that the 2nd Amendment is a right.

imperialism2024

imported post

Prophet wrote:
New York city, in which you have to be 18 to drive in will not honor out of state licenses whose owners are not 18 or older.
Whoops! :shock:

I actually didn't know that. When I got my license at 16 and a half, at the DMV they told me that my PA license was good in any state, but with the same limitations as my PA license (i.e. 11PM curfew) until it became a "full" license at age 17.5. Fortunately I never entered NYC while under 18, er, um, yeah that's it... :uhoh:

Anyhow, this thread should probably be either closed or merged with the one Pointman... pointed to.