• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who OC's All The Time?

mhemu

imported post

Just as the subject reads, wondering who carries openly when ever and where ever they can?

Dahwg

imported post

Presently I have no option. But even when I get my CCW, I plan on OC most of the time. ESPECIALLY in the summer!!!

PavePusher

imported post

Any time I'm not going to be driving on base (DMAFB). Which means usually only on weekends, as I plan driving and errands very carefully due to current gas prices.

I'm putting together a proposal to change the base regs for car transport/storage for people who live off base, but I'm pretty much waiting for the Heller decision to word some final aurguments.

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

I OC 100% where legal,but never at work. I always get crap from guys who CC, but I don't care. When my wife and I have children I might get a CC, but for now OC is the only way for me in every season. Just another thought from another Gold Star State.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My VA CHP is invalid in either Nevada or here in Washington. In Nevada I could conceal in my car but did just once, IIRC so that would probably be 99.5% OC / 0.5% CC.

Herein Washington, I can't CC anywhere so that will be 100%. Just got in Saturday and haven't gone out anywhere yet, so no chance to OC - YET!

SickTag

imported post

I OC here in NM everywhere I can legally go, that includes my bank. I CC into walmart because it is legal here as long as I take the clip out and leave it in the car. It really saves time when you don't want the hassle of hiding your piece in the car, etc...

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SickTag wrote:
   I CC into walmart because it is legal here as long as I take the clip out and leave it in the car.  It really saves time when you don't want the hassle of hiding your piece in the car, etc...

Wow Walmart seems to be our OC hang out in AZ. See more of it there.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I OC everywhere... everyday. I have an AZ CCW but rarely use it. I carry a 1911-A1 .45acp which is hard to 'hide'. I got the CCW mainly 'cause of the Monsoons when my pistol is under my slicker. The noobs sometimes get antsy but I've never had any problem with any LEO. They'll ask me if it's a Colt sometimes tho. (It's a Springfield.) Then they'll usually tell me they wish theycarried .45's instead of 9's.