• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best cheap 9mm ammo?

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Well my dad ended up getting a Glock 19 for him and I to shoot at the range. What is the best 9mm ammo that is cheap? Say from Walmart or Dick's sporting goods. Something that will not give me feed issues or any other problems. The rounds will just be for target practice for now so nothing fancy.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Winchester White Box 115gr FMJs have never once given me a problem in my Glock 17. I will say they leave something to be desired in terms of accuracy out of the G17 when compared with other rounds. It seems to really like the WWB 147gr JHPs though, those have very good accuracy at a relatively reasonable price.

The 115gr FMJs seem to run about $16 for a 100rd box around here, while the 147gr JHPs will be roughly twice the cost ($15 for 50rds here), but could be used for defense if needed. I suggest trying both out if they have them honestly, and you should probably try some of that blazer brass too. Then you can see which ones work best for you in your gun. I would stick with brass cases (Rather than cheaper metals) if at all possible.

sccrref

imported post

Your Glock should eat just about anything without any problems. For killing paper cheaply, I mostly shoot remmington and winchester. The big box from walmart has been real cheap and I used to get the remmington ammo from dick's. Watch the store and they will mark it down 20-30% when you buy 10 boxes.

smash29

imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
purchase a fully supported barrel and when the next gun show rolls around, hit up the Georgia Arms table!!!!

1000 rounds for $185.00

+1 there!

The credit card company's were jumping for joy when i discovered Georgia Arms and the fact that I can drive there only makes things worse.Normally you buy ammunition after you buy a gun but I find the opposite is true when it comes to Ga. Arms, I end up having to buy a guns justfor the ammunition I get out there. After all, what's the point of having 500 rounds of .40 if you have nothing to use it with? ;)

denthack

imported post

I've found the Blazers to be very dirty. Yesterday i put 5 boxes of PMC through (That all this particular range sells and i didn't bring my preferred with me) Out of 250 rounds i had 13 misfires... Good clean strikes just no ignition. 5 came out of one box 3 rounds apart!!! the guys at the gunshop kept the misfires to call PMC monday... 5 in one box??? that 10% fail rate... luckily i was plinking not in a match.

Winchester white box as well as the remington UMC has fed and fired with nooo problems. I tend to shoot Monarc, $8.79 from academy!!! Never had a misfire after approx 1100 rounds.

iroc192

imported post

Remington - 8.98 a box from dick's sporting goods. Good stuff.

Winchester wb - 18.XX a box from Wal-Mart.

Remington is accurate, lower recoil than winchester.
Winchester is hotter, accurate.

No fails.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

So any tips for me since I have never shot a pistol before:lol: I should concentrate on the front sight so the rear sight and target are a little blurry right? Also do I need to load the magazines to full-1 and let sit over night? I can't get that darn last round in there. I guess I will try it again when I get to the range also. Total Newb here:)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You can load the magazine however you want. I don't always load my mags full for the range depending on what kind of training I am doing. I don't know of any reason you would load the mag to let it sit over night.

nova

imported post

iroc192 wrote:
Remington - 8.98 a box from dick's sporting goods. Good stuff.
just went to the one near me and it is now priced at 10.98 (case price) and regular price is even more.

Not long ago it was 8.98 and last year it was 6.98 (I stocked up a few thousand rounds at that price last year :) )

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I just bought some of the Blazer Brass 115gr for 8.97 at walmart:lol:

DUDE! I was just at the Dick's sporting goods in Fair Lakes at 11am!!!! Checked the price on the Remington and it was 10.XX for a case and like 13.99 per box.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
You can load the magazine however you want. I don't always load my mags full for the range depending on what kind of training I am doing. I don't know of any reason you would load the mag to let it sit over night.
I had trouble getting the last Magtech round in the magaazine and I have heard that might help loosen up the spring. Anyways just loaded up both mags full with Blazer Brass rounds and they went in fine. Even got the last round in no issues.:lol:

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I just ride 125C when I'm not at college. I just got back from college so I should be out at Mountaineer sometime this week. I'll be slow after 8 months off the bike:banghead:
Anyways here is the holster I bought today for it. I love it so far!!!! I'll look into that loader probably. The one that it came with works pretty well once I got the hang of it. Not as fast as that one, but works for my Newb status:lol: I am the one with the carbon fiber helmet btw
n1571340395_30172859_8765.jpg

DSC_0060-1.jpg

Weak 9mm

imported post

purchase a fully supported barrel and when the next gun show rolls around, hit up the Georgia Arms table!!!!

I haven't heard of a fully supported barrel. Do you mean the chamber or is it just something I haven't heard of?

I know my G17 has a fully supported chamber, and I'm pretty sure the other 9mm Glocks also do. I know their other models are not fully supported, but the G17 definitely is.

denthack

imported post

Looks like a Blackhawk Serpa ... Execellent Choice!!!

I hope to have my new M&P next month and that serpa is what it's gonna be riding in!