• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave WalMart at 92nd and Grant, Thornton,CO

Adamdude04

imported post

I was asked to leave the Walmart. Manager up front by the flowers arranging them and such.

Now I look professional, I get asked ALL the time, if I'm a detective. I usualy always wear black slacks, nice dress shirt, tucked in, blackhawk level II holster at 3, two mag holster at 7.

Manager: Sir sir

Me: Yes?

Manager: I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Only Police officers can carry a gun.

Me: Oh, I'm surprised your asking me to leave, this is a first for me, especialy at this store

Manager: Unless you have a badge or a permit, I'm goin gto have to ask you to leave iti n your car - as he is starting to walk away showing me to follow him by hand gesters

Me: Well which one would you like to see?

Manager: Well only officers can carry a gun

Me: Well I'd be happy to show you..

Manager: I'm going to have to ask you to leave, Unless you can show me a badge

Me: well you said a badge or permit, now it's just a badge? Is this in your store policy? Can you get me the information, only becasue, you know, you refuse to see any proof I may provide.

Manager: please leave unless you're in uniform, then you can carry.

Me: Okay, (said his name on his ID badge), I'll be sure to shop at your other store, because clearly you refuse to see any ID, and keep changing your requirments. Good day.

He didnt want to see any proof what-so-ever. Had I had a badge, I wouldnt have been able to show the guy. He wouldn't even check out my conceal permit (with OC laws attached).

It sucked, but this was the first time I've had any trouble. No PD has ever given me any troubles.. Then again, how I dress reflects how I'm treated. And I'm 24, so a younger guy.

-Adam

And I had my XD40 Duo-tone so yes, it did kind of stand out more than my XD40 all black..

Adamdude04

imported post

This was last summer/fall.. and I can't remember his name..but next time :)

forum

imported post

It's not a *whole* lot farther away, but I frequent the wally world off 94th and Sheridan open carrying and have never had an issue. Was even in there today. Amazing enough the people at the sporting goods counter at least have a slight clue about ammo too.

Gunslinger

imported post

Clearly in violation of corporate policy. You should go again, if the same thing happens, report him to corporate HQ. What was he, the Garden Shop Manager?