Thread: Civil Liability?

Post imported post

Does PA have any thing written into law that would protect oneself from a civil liability suit in case I would ever need to use my firearm in a justifiable self defense situation? wow that was a long sentence... lol.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

No.

(very short sentence)

Post imported post

Evolution wrote:
    Does PA have any thing written into law that would protect oneself from a civil liability suit in case I would ever need to use my firearm in a justifiable self defense situation? wow that was a long sentence... lol.
    Currently there is a "Castle Doctrine" Bill in the House. Hope it passes!
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=0641&pn=0702

Post imported post

If you use your gun in a defense situation, you will probably be sued. Even if it was a justified shooting.

Defending yourself with a gun- even if it's justified- will probably cost you between $25K and $50K in legal fees. Nice, huh?

Post imported post

This is why I would have more fear of the Law and of a civil suit, than to shoot a bad guy attacking me. In other words, the bad guy is like a rabid animal to me- you just shoot it if it comes to attack you, but the law and courts scare the crap out of me. That is REALLY a shame too, it's like either get killed by this SOB, or kill him and then get raped by the system. It would be bad enough dealing with any PTSD and the fear of the BG's buddies trying to come after me. But then toss a lawsuit into it by the BG's scummy family?