• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Civil Liability?

Evolution

imported post

Does PA have any thing written into law that would protect oneself from a civil liability suit in case I would ever need to use my firearm in a justifiable self defense situation? wow that was a long sentence... lol.

Butlerite

Ohio Patriot

imported post

If you use your gun in a defense situation, you will probably be sued. Even if it was a justified shooting.

Defending yourself with a gun- even if it's justified- will probably cost you between $25K and $50K in legal fees. Nice, huh?

XD40coyote

imported post

This is why I would have more fear of the Law and of a civil suit, than to shoot a bad guy attacking me. In other words, the bad guy is like a rabid animal to me- you just shoot it if it comes to attack you, but the law and courts scare the crap out of me. That is REALLY a shame too, it's like either get killed by this SOB, or kill him and then get raped by the system. It would be bad enough dealing with any PTSD and the fear of the BG's buddies trying to come after me. But then toss a lawsuit into it by the BG's scummy family?