Thread: The Racist

Post imported post

OK, this post is about the chrome finish I'm getting done to my compact 1911. The frame will be finished in hard chrome, the slide wil be finished in a checkered pattern (.75 inch squares in brush and satin chrome) similar to that of the checkered flag you see at the end of the race. This will be done to commemorate my first year in Charlotte, home of NASCAR. The work is being done by Duane Davis from Elite Custom Plating and Weaponry (www.elitecustomguns.com), he is even adding a Wilson Combat thumb safety. This is the same guy that does all the work for Wilson Combat, among other custom guns. His shop is down the road from my house, so I feel lucky. Pictures will follow...

Disclaimer: "The Racist" is a play on words. It is a combination of the idea of a race gun and the term shootist. The checkered pattern should bring it all together. Those of you who know me, know that the conventional definition of the term "racist" is no implication of my personal views. I find bigotry in all its forms appalling, and reiterate that I do not imply that this firearm has any ties to racism (or any isms for that matter). However, in this world of political correctness we sometimes need to explain our actions so that the growingflockof modernAmericans isn't offended.

Post imported post

Mhmm.

So why do you need to get a chrome finish on your 1911? Isn't black good enough for you? Eh? Eh?

Post imported post

Why are you singling out your preference to Chrome?? huh??!!

Pink or red guns are not "good enough??!!"

Why are you compelled to remove the black gun from existence?

OK! We are just goofing here... I actually prefer black guns. Chrome is OK if you want to be flashy.

Post imported post

I like my black guns, too. But I'll probably get something in chrome eventually... affirmative action?

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    I like my black guns, too. But I'll probably get something in chrome eventually... affirmative action?
    Separate.. but equal!

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    I'm an equal opportunity carrier! My carry Springfield Compact .45 ACP is nickel slide, matt black lower, while my Gold Cup Elite is blue slide and stainless lower!

I'm a poster boy for affirmative action and equality! LMAO!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

I swear, I have lots of friends with black guns.

Post imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
    This is a family forum!!!!

Please keep it clean

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Nelson_Muntz wrote:
    This is a family forum!!!!

Please keep it clean
    Well, as long as you limit the definition of "family" to a handgun, a shotgun, and a rifle, as God intended. If you have two shotguns and no rifle, or two rifles and no shotgun, it might confuse your handgun, and then your handgun might grow up and think it's OK to co-inhabit a lockbox with another handgun.

And God forbid your handgun hooks up with a different-colored handgun... then you might end up with a "Springfield Compact .45 ACP" with "a nickel slide, matt black lower". What would people think???

:what:

Don't get me started on those gun socks...

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:
    I'm an equal opportunity carrier! My carry Springfield Compact .45 ACP is nickel slide, matt black lower, while my Gold Cup Elite is blue slide and stainless lower!

I'm a poster boy for affirmative action and equality! LMAO!
    The Gold Cup could be considered "Obama Carry"?

Post imported post

Post imported post

I'm an equal opportunity carrier!
    Handgun color/finish.
    Any color is good as long as it is chambered in 10mm, with a few exceptions.

I would personally choose NP3 (Robar) over chrome.

However, Hard Chrome does look nice.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

They still have it, but it's coming...

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote: Well dUuh! I wonder how many can define 'racist' without lapsing into new-speak. My man, Neal Boortz rants regularly on 'racism', 'bigotry' and 'prejudice'; his point being that fifty years of abuse of our language by evil special interest advocacy groups have left us nearly unable to, unable to publicly, address these issues.

Post imported post

I'll second that.

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote: well, why wouldn't a thread about refinishing your gun turn into people acting as if you said that you were a skinhead?

honestly, teh race baiters in this world have turned EVERYTHING into racial epithets

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    I'm an equal opportunity carrier!
    Handgun color/finish.
    Any color is good as long as it is chambered in 10mm, with a few exceptions.

I would personally choose NP3 (Robar) over chrome.

However, Hard Chrome does look nice.
    I always thought the 10MM was the answer to a question nobody was dying to ask...I prefer stainless, if pushed to make a choice...:what:But I have many Jewish friends and one of them likes old S&W blue. So that makes him a traditionist. When someone figures out the point of this post, please let me know....
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

The point of the post is supposed to be the introduction of my refinished OC piece that is being finished in a checkered flag patter n on the slide to commemorate my first year of life in Charlotte, the home of NASCAR. It is a race inspired, and therefore it is dubbed "The Racist". The name is also an attempt at scoffing the race baters and the politically correct crowd.

Post imported post

I'd like to see pics of it once its all said and done. Be interesting to see the new one of a kind checkered flag 1911.

For the record I'm an equal opportunity gun owner. I'll have any gun that will have me. My wife feel different in I just need to spend money.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    The point of the post is supposed to be the introduction of my refinished OC piece that is being finished in a checkered flag patter n on the slide to commemorate my first year of life in Charlotte, the home of NASCAR. It is a race inspired, and therefore it is dubbed "The Racist". The name is also an attempt at scoffing the race baters and the politically correct crowd.
    I meant the point of my post...sorry, my humor appeals to me...
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

Sorry, man. Getting through the weekend hangover was tough. All humor in the world was lost to me for about 48 hours :?