• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Racist

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

OK, this post is about the chrome finish I'm getting done to my compact 1911. The frame will be finished in hard chrome, the slide wil be finished in a checkered pattern (.75 inch squares in brush and satin chrome) similar to that of the checkered flag you see at the end of the race. This will be done to commemorate my first year in Charlotte, home of NASCAR. The work is being done by Duane Davis from Elite Custom Plating and Weaponry (www.elitecustomguns.com), he is even adding a Wilson Combat thumb safety. This is the same guy that does all the work for Wilson Combat, among other custom guns. His shop is down the road from my house, so I feel lucky. Pictures will follow...

Disclaimer: "The Racist" is a play on words. It is a combination of the idea of a race gun and the term shootist. The checkered pattern should bring it all together. Those of you who know me, know that the conventional definition of the term "racist" is no implication of my personal views. I find bigotry in all its forms appalling, and reiterate that I do not imply that this firearm has any ties to racism (or any isms for that matter). However, in this world of political correctness we sometimes need to explain our actions so that the growingflockof modernAmericans isn't offended.

LEO 229

imported post

Why are you singling out your preference to Chrome?? huh??!!

Pink or red guns are not "good enough??!!" :lol:

Why are you compelled to remove the black gun from existence? :D

OK! We are just goofing here... I actually prefer black guns. Chrome is OK if you want to be flashy.

LEO 229

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I like my black guns, too. But I'll probably get something in chrome eventually... affirmative action? :lol:
Separate.. but equal!

ODA 226

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I like my black guns, too. But I'll probably get something in chrome eventually... affirmative action? :lol:

I'm an equal opportunity carrier! :lol:My carry Springfield Compact .45 ACP is nickel slide, matt black lower, while my Gold Cup Elite is blue slide and stainless lower!

I'm a poster boy for affirmative action and equality! :lol:LMAO!

LEO 229

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
I swear, I have lots of friends with black guns.
This is a family forum!!!!

Please keep it clean :lol:

imperialism2024

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Nelson_Muntz wrote:
I swear, I have lots of friends with black guns.
This is a family forum!!!!

Please keep it clean :lol:
Well, as long as you limit the definition of "family" to a handgun, a shotgun, and a rifle, as God intended. If you have two shotguns and no rifle, or two rifles and no shotgun, it might confuse your handgun, and then your handgun might grow up and think it's OK to co-inhabit a lockbox with another handgun.

And God forbid your handgun hooks up with a different-colored handgun... then you might end up with a "Springfield Compact .45 ACP" with "a nickel slide, matt black lower". What would people think???

:what:

Don't get me started on those gun socks...

casullshooter

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

I'm an equal opportunity carrier! :lol:My carry Springfield Compact .45 ACP is nickel slide, matt black lower, while my Gold Cup Elite is blue slide and stainless lower!

I'm a poster boy for affirmative action and equality! :lol:LMAO!
The Gold Cup could be considered "Obama Carry"?

Marco

imported post

I'm an equal opportunity carrier!
Handgun color/finish.
Any color is good as long as it is chambered in 10mm;), with a few exceptions.

I would personally choose NP3 (Robar) over chrome.

However, Hard Chrome does look nice.:D

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Well dUuh! I wonder how many can define 'racist' without lapsing into new-speak. My man, Neal Boortz rants regularly on 'racism', 'bigotry' and 'prejudice'; his point being that fifty years of abuse of our language by evil special interest advocacy groups have left us nearly unable to, unable to publicly, address these issues.

Gunslinger

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
I'm an equal opportunity carrier!
Handgun color/finish.
Any color is good as long as it is chambered in 10mm;), with a few exceptions.

I would personally choose NP3 (Robar) over chrome.

However, Hard Chrome does look nice.:D
I always thought the 10MM was the answer to a question nobody was dying to ask...I prefer stainless, if pushed to make a choice...:what:But I have many Jewish friends and one of them likes old S&W blue. So that makes him a traditionist. When someone figures out the point of this post, please let me know....

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

The point of the post is supposed to be the introduction of my refinished OC piece that is being finished in a checkered flag patter n on the slide to commemorate my first year of life in Charlotte, the home of NASCAR. It is a race inspired, and therefore it is dubbed "The Racist". The name is also an attempt at scoffing the race baters and the politically correct crowd.

Bullbuster

imported post

I'd like to see pics of it once its all said and done. Be interesting to see the new one of a kind checkered flag 1911.

For the record I'm an equal opportunity gun owner. I'll have any gun that will have me. My wife feel different in I just need to spend money.

Gunslinger

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
The point of the post is supposed to be the introduction of my refinished OC piece that is being finished in a checkered flag patter n on the slide to commemorate my first year of life in Charlotte, the home of NASCAR. It is a race inspired, and therefore it is dubbed "The Racist". The name is also an attempt at scoffing the race baters and the politically correct crowd.
I meant the point of my post...sorry, my humor appeals to me...:uhoh: