• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carried all week

rmodel65

imported post

so i open carried all week, spent the week with my father, in millen ga. we went and watched a movie in statesboro. only time someone said anything to me was at walmart in statesboro, a mgr asked if i had a license. i informed him i do, he said well i know you can carry like that but walmart doesnt like it to much(didnt tell me to leave guess he didnt want to lose a sale :p ) he then asked me what i do for a living i informed him i paint cars and walked away:cool:

Samuel Adams

imported post

I'm going to give it a try for the next two weeks. I'm going to Ohio to visit my parents and Ohio doesn't have reciprocity with Georgia. OC is my only option.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

exgabrit wrote:
Walmart is ok with concealed carry. its policy is pro-carry, but not open carry.

Exactly. ;)

No need to have them rule out carry altogether. I am all for openly carried pistols, but if Wal-Mart asks customers to conceal, then I will conceal or not shop there.

robmac

imported post

I go to OH frequently. Got a non-resident FL permit - it is valid in OH. Got stopped by Cincinnati, OH cop for speeding - showed my FL CCW permit - everything is good. OC is allowed in OH - but you will get major hassles from the cops. No OC in your car. So you will have to unload and put weapon in the trunk in a case each time you mount up. Also - get the OH Concealed Handgun Fact Book form the OH AG office before you conceal carry there - they just relaxed the laws, but there are strict rules when carrying in the car and dealing with law enforcement, etc. I followed them - you need to know them before going there.

us_soldier

imported post

Same situation here, but differen answer.....Savannah Wal-Mart. I was told the same thing. I told the employee that my usuall weapon is an M16.....He said, "OH, Thanks for serving."

aquinob1

imported post

exgabrit wrote:
Walmart is ok with concealed carry. its policy is pro-carry, but not open carry.
Many actually believe this. Whenever i'm in Wal-Mart, I carry a scan of a signed letter from corporate that's been floating around in the VA forum. Their policy is, they have zero policy on weapons in their stores. They will abide by local laws. So, if it is legal to OC, they are fine with it.