• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ben Lomond GC

Evil Ernie

imported post

Anyone here a member of the Ben Lomond Gun Club in Elbert County? I'm thinking of joining them and was wondering if it's worth it.

Right now, it's down to two places, Ben Lomond and Golden Gun Club...decisions, decisions...

Gunslinger

imported post

I joined Whistling Pines in the Springs. Not cheap, but a nice experience and you can reserve a lane a month ahead of time. They have a member selling his now for like $275, plus it's $25 a month dues. I paid $350 for mine a month ago. Should have waited and saved $$! Have a gunsmith shop, sell pistols, etc. Even cappacino and a fireplace!

Evil Ernie

imported post

I have a friend of mine that lives right around the corner from WP. A bit pricey, but I think he's gonna go for it. At that price a happy ending should be included with each visit!!!!!!!

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My father used to belong to BLGC. With the exception of the distance, I really like it. I was usually the only one there, and had complete privacy to shoot at all of the ranges. There are a number of essentially private burms that you can shoot pistol at as long as you like without the stops and starts of a rangemaster. I hear they have a great cowboy action shoot too although I've never done it. If you can handle the distance, I would highly recommend it.

Greyhound

imported post

I'm a member. I think it's a pretty good deal. The dues are very reasonable. They recently completed a new rifle range; I think it goes out to 600 yards. I mostly use the pistol berms. A lot of times you can drive out to the range and pretty much have the place to yourself. You can also camp at the range in a nice grassy hollow under some big cottonwoods. It is a bit of a drive to the range, however. I live near the north edge of Parker, and it's 50 miles from my house. The range is about 17 miles east of Kiowa and about five miles south of Hwy 86. The Franktown chapter holds monthly meetings the 3rd Tuesday of the month at the Franktown fire station, so that's pretty close to you. I haven't been to a meeting in awhile. There was some talk of implementing a membership cap, but I don't think that has happened yet. June 7th is an open house at the range for prospective members. All ranges will be open to the public and free barbeque will be provided.

http://www.blgc.org/

Evil Ernie

imported post

Thanks for the heads up guys. I have two other co-workers that are members of the Franktown Chapter. I'll be there on the 20th to submit my app for membership, and a check for initiation/dues.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Well I got my family membership and was out there at the range for the first time today. I must admit, I'll never step foot in Cherry Creek again...ever...

My son Alex and I loaded up the 1911, PT99, No.4 Mk1* Enfield, WASR, and his Mosin Nagant. Plus a buttload of ammo.

We got there and started shooting at berm 10 which is one of 11 private "bowling alleys". Berm 10 is a 100 yd pistol/rifle range. It was great cuz I was able to pull the Jeep right up and unload the gear, hell, I could grab my water without even leaving the bench seat I had parked that close. No "one shot per second" restrictions, no Range control with a finger in your ass; we were free to shoot as we pleased. I was able to walk toward my "enemy paper" unloading the AK as fast as possible, then when that was out, I slung the AK and grabbed my 1911 on my hip and "finished him off"...:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

The boy at the target stands. Lots of gongs, bowling pins, clays etc.

0528081524.jpg

The Jeep at the entrance to the berm taken from the target area.

0528081524b.jpg

The boy and his newly refinished M91/30 '42 Izzy.

0528081526.jpg