• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Toys R Us in Tacoma

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Was a great night to OC. Safeway & Hollywood video on 72nd & Pacific, no issue.
Toys R Us - I decided to buy one of the huge pools(12x20x4) that was on sale this week which ended tonight. While hunting for the price card to take up to the register there was this kid about 8 years old watching me walk back and forth in the aisle. I find the card and make my way to the register. Since it was 15 mins till closing the only cashier was the return counter. As I was standing there the kid and his mom walk up behind me. The kid says to his mom in a loud voice "I want a gun like his mommy!" His mom looks up at me then my hip and eyes as big as saucers. The gal at the register looks up at me and then at my hip while ringing up my purchase as says "cool." I handed mommy a WA Gun Pamphlet as well as the cashier, then waited for my pool to be delivered up front. The kids voice was priceless...... If only mine were that young again.

okkid

imported post

Man im out here for 2 weeks in Indiana and I do miss being able to opencarry.

I am so used to oc it's not easy to cc :banghead:But its better then not being armed.

I Love Washington ST :D

kparker

imported post

okkid,

Man im out here for 2 weeks in Indiana and I do miss being able to opencarry. I am so used to oc it's not easy to cc

Doesn't Indiana allow OC by permit holders, so if you're legal for CC there you're also legal for OC?

okkid

imported post

kparker wrote:
okkid,

Man im out here for 2 weeks in Indiana and I do miss being able to opencarry. I am so used to oc it's not easy to cc

Doesn't Indiana allow OC by permit holders, so if you're legal for CC there you're also legal for OC?

Yes and no as I understand you need a lic to open carry here but my cc

says for cc not lic to carry. understand? So have no choice but to cc with mine.

Ajetpilot

imported post

okkid wrote:
Yes and no as I understand you need a lic to open carry here but my cc

says for cc not lic to carry. understand? So have no choice but to cc with mine.
I don't get it. Are you saying that you need one license to CC, and a different license to OC? That doesn't make any sense at all. Then again, no one ever said that gun laws have to make sense.

okkid

imported post

Thats the way I understand the law to be for that state. If I am wrong

please anyone let me know.

Phssthpok

imported post

According to the breakdown on the front page map, it would appear that while one may CC with a permit from another state that is recognised with reciprocity (which WA apparently is), one needs a CC permit ISSUED BY INDIANA in order to OC.:uhoh:

Bear 45/70

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
According to the breakdown on the front page map, it would appear that while one may CC with a permit from another state that is recognised with reciprocity (which WA apparently is), one needs a CC permit ISSUED BY INDIANA in order to OC.:uhoh:
A CC permit to Open Carry. That's political logic for you.
mad0228.gif

joeroket

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
So it sounds like Indiana issues a LTCF and not a CPL.

dlnwoody

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Toys-R-Us is totally anti gun. The even give to the Brady Bunch.
Did I miss something. You said Toys-R-Us is Anti gun. If they were anti gun wouldn't they have kicked him out.

Bear 45/70

imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Did I miss something. You said Toys-R-Us is Anti gun. If they were anti gun wouldn't they have kicked him out.
They are anti-gun and no one noticed obviously, which is normal for sheeple. The corp has supportted the Brady Bunch for years and made no secret about it. That's why I don't patronize the place and haven't in years.

just_a_car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
dlnwoody wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
They are anti-gun and no one noticed obviously, which is normal for sheeple. The corp has supportted the Brady Bunch for years and made no secret about it. That's why I don't patronize the place and haven't in years.
There was no need to call another member "sheeple", Bear. Lay off.

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
dlnwoody wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
If you go back and read carefully I was refering to the store employees. And get stuff, you aren't my boss and you don't tell me what to do or say ever.

ravensmiles13

imported post

Um bear the cashier notices or did I read this wrong. I have had several friend oc and cc in the Tacoma Toys-R-Us with no problems. Maybe it is a corporate policy but it seems as though they let the local store decide if they want to enforce it.

just_a_car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
dlnwoody wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
If you go back and read carefully I was refering to the store employees. And get stuff, you aren't my boss and you don't tell me what to do or say ever.
The part I bolded above, I interpreted as "Toys-R-Us is anti-gun and obviously none of you noticed." If I misinterpreted that, I'm sorry, but I'm sure you can see how I could do so, since the original post mentioned that someone did notice and thus, I thought that was the only logical interpretation. The part after wards about sheeple I then interpreted as being directed towards anyone here that didn't know TRU was anti-gun. Again, a misinterpretation from what you explained.

As for telling you what to do, I can tell you what to do anytime I like, just like you can do the same. Doesn't mean either of us has to listen or act on it. I was just trying to look out for another member when it appeared (apparently incorrectly) that you were jumping him and calling names with no reason.

Again, sorry for my misinterpretation, but it would help if you were a little more clear in your posts as to whom you're calling sheeple, so we don't go through this again. I certainly don't like arguing on here; I prefer to keep OCDO-WA as one of the more friendly forums.

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
dlnwoody wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
The part I bolded above, I interpreted as "Toys-R-Us is anti-gun and obviously none of you noticed." If I misinterpreted that, I'm sorry, but I'm sure you can see how I could do so, since the original post mentioned that someone did notice and thus, I thought that was the only logical interpretation. The part after wards about sheeple I then interpreted as being directed towards anyone here that didn't know TRU was anti-gun. Again, a misinterpretation from what you explained.

As for telling you what to do, I can tell you what to do anytime I like, just like you can do the same. Doesn't mean either of us has to listen or act on it. I was just trying to look out for another member when it appeared (apparently incorrectly) that you were jumping him and calling names with no reason.

Again, sorry for my misinterpretation, but it would help if you were a little more clear in your posts as to whom you're calling sheeple, so we don't go through this again. I certainly don't like arguing on here; I prefer to keep OCDO-WA as one of the more friendly forums.
I also apologize. I still recovering from the flu and your response hit me at a down swing in the recovery, been going on for two weeks now. Again sorry I sounded off so nastily. Now I will go
icon_hide.gif
and ponder my sins.

heresolong

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote
I also apologize. I still recovering from the flu and your response hit me at a down swing in the recovery, been going on for two weeks now. Again sorry I sounded off so nastily. Now I will go
icon_hide.gif
and ponder my sins.
Wow, that's one crappy flu bug. Mine are usually over in a day or two. Hope you feel better.