• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Intent to open carry in Milwaukee

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hi, I'm new to these forums as a member but have been coming here as a guest for some time. I've noticed that there seems to be no one in Milwaukee willing to get the OC started, but I was never one to wait for others. So I am going to start open carrying around Milwaukee County in particular the City of Milwaukee. I am a 6'3 280lbHispanic Male with very long hair and a big beard( almost no mustache,weird). i almost always wear black and i always without fail wear either a big black leathercoat, black hooded sweater, or black wind breaker. I have a black thigh tactical holster for my Taurus PT92 pistol(only the thigh holster would be considered open carry with my attire). since there are so many schools in Milwaukee walking from place to place is out of the question. I've decided only to go to places that have an entrance from their parking lot as it is considered private property and is exempt from theschool zone restriction. Please note that I have read a lot of your posts andunderstand that my attire and way of grooming are not what youwould advise but I don't believe i should be dressed a certain way toexercise my right to bear arms. ill keepadding to this post as things happen or don't happen, I should havea post up by later tonight.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well I am new to this sight also, this seems like a great resource! I applaud you on your intentions to open carry in milwaukee. I have spoken to a milwaukee police officer before because i may someday do this. He said that if someone called he would respond and check it out but he said he would have no intent of issuing any citation. I wouldn't trust that this is policy but i hope it is the general idea of the police in milwaukee which it probobly aint. Good luck! i hope to hear more from ya!

Ben

Johnyt101

imported post

Parabellum, you are a Great American. Way to step up and go face to face with tyranny. What kind of country do we live in where you have to be afraid to exersie your rights? Please keep us posted and keep up the fight to bring awarness to others!

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

There hasn't been an update cause i just got back, don't jump the gun. MyFather is rich and my Sister-in-Law is personal friends with the city's public defenders. i do have a digital voice recorder. Nothing happened today, was in South Milwaukee and Cudahy today, scared some people(not intentional). My brothers usually go out with me wherever i go(they don't carry). no confrontations with police (not looking for them tho). does anyone know if its ILLEGAL to carry INTO a hospital(cousin is sick) in Chilton,WI.?

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pointman wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
There hasn't been an update cause i just got back, don't jump the gun. MyFather is rich and my Sister-in-Law is personal friends with the city's public defenders. i do have a digital voice recorder. Nothing happened today, was in South Milwaukee and Cudahy today, scared some people(not intentional). My brothers usually go out with me wherever i go(they don't carry). no confrontations with police (not looking for them tho). does anyone know if its ILLEGAL to carry INTO a hospital(cousin is sick) in Chilton,WI.?
I'm looking forward to you posting pictures of you OCing. The weather was fantastic on Sunday, and is the same today. You can probably get some great shots that are worthy of a photo album.

"Rich" is relative. If you have the money, find an attorney now, and discuss what you're planning on doing in advance. Looking for representation after the fact is much harder. You'll also want advance legal advicepertaining toyour rights, since being rich by relation potentially means your familyhas more to lose (say by bad publicity).

Unless a person here is retained as your attorney, anything here is opinion. The following is all discussed in other threads. Milwaukee county code prohibits possession, so you can't carry. State code has full preemption, so you can carry. Federal code doesn't say much unless it's a Federal building, so you probably can. The Constitution says your right can't be infringed, so you can.

Several villages prohibit possession. Example: http://www.villageofjackson.com/vertical/Sites/%7BD4E639E0-08E4-4DA7-8985-CD98B86913E8%7D/uploads/%7BF1518C62-8E92-4F1E-9803-1DFE0BDFFDFF%7D.PDF

2. Unless otherwise provided by law, no person except law enforcement officers authorized to carry firearms may carry or have within reach a dangerous weapon, whether concealed or in plain view, at or upon any public place. Uniformed private security guards licensed by the State of Wisconsin and while on duty are exempt from the prohibition against carrying weapons in plain view.

So even if you can carry, which I believe is most likely the case unless the hospital asks you to leave, you might be arrested and charged, and it becomes a court battle.
I thinks its best i more clearly represent the kind of person i am, cause you don't seem to understand who I am or what I'm doing. I am not afraid of a court battle. I am not afraid of police or their false charges. I am not afraid ofpublicity that may meet my family bad or good(really wouldn't make a difference). No lawyer can study or interpret the law better than me when on an even field(in front of a judge, I've actually trounced some really good ones). I have no need to consult a lawyer when what I am doing is perfectly not illegal. Please stop warning me to get a lawyer if I've done nothing or am going to do anything wrong. And I know that everything here is opinion, but its a step in the right direction if I can find the facts that prove or disprove something. And I'm a very good researcher. I don't mean this posting to sound rude but I get incensed when I'm told to get a Lawyer(and it happens often), criminals need lawyers not me.

amaixner

imported post

Parabellum wrote
criminals need lawyers not me.

If only that were true in our society.
No one is saying you are a criminal, nor that you couldn't represent yourself well. Most people would be better off having a lawyer on retainer though when they begin exercising a right that is not understood well by most of the law enforcement community.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

amaixner wrote:
Parabellum wrote
criminals need lawyers not me.

If only that were true in our society.
No one is saying you are a criminal, nor that you couldn't represent yourself well. Most people would be better off having a lawyer on retainer though when they begin exercising a right that is not understood well by most of the law enforcement community.

I know no one is calling me a criminal, i took no offence to what was said. I'm usually not in the "most people" category, I ama very ableindividual. I wouldn't be carrying my Gun at allif I didn't think I could cover myself.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

"Knowing" the name and number of an attorney is one thing. Having a criminal defense attorney "on retainer" is not kosher and I believe a violation of attorney ethics. I'll try to get more details to share.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
"Knowing" the name and number of an attorney is one thing. Having a criminal defense attorney "on retainer" is not kosher and I believe a violation of attorney ethics. I'll try to get more details to share.

I seem to recall thata couple years agoan attorney told me that it was not proper for a lawyer to be "on retainer" (aka "contingent fee) for criminal matters. My memory is correct. Attorney ethics are up to each state, but most states follow the recommended guidelines of the American Bar Association which state:

[align=justify]"(d) A lawyer shall not enter into an arrangement for, charge, or collect:[/align]

• [align=justify](1) any fee in a domestic relations matter, the payment or amount of which is contingent upon the securing of a divorce or upon the amount of alimony or support, or property settlement in lieu thereof; or[/align]

[align=justify](2) a contingent fee for representing a defendant in a criminal case."[/align]

[align=justify][/align]

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Open carriedon Tuesdayat a garage on 2nd and Lincolnand at Blockbusteron 27th and Pierce. more of a commotion at the garage, nobody gaveme a second look in the blockbuster. this post will be short cause i'm tired, i'm thinking of open carrying at Southridge mall this Saturday if anyone wants to bring a camera to get it on video, email me to tell you when id be going. Anyone feel free to let me know if there are any gun free zone signs at the mall or something similar.