Thread: Funny comment

Post imported post

Yesterday I picked up a couple boxes of shotgun shells at Bi Mart in Washougal and as I was checking out the cashier asked me "Are you old enough to be playing with these?". The gentleman in line behind me said "Let's hope so. He's wearing one." while motioning to the Ruger P-91 on my hip. We all just smiled. I paid for my shells while his kids stared at my pistol what I think was wide-eyed admiration. This was the first time anyone had ever commented on my open carrying.

Post imported post

I didn't realize the P-91 used shotgun shells! Exactley how many shells does it carry....hopefully it's a 28 gauge...the recoil from 12's would probably be hard to manage:P Glad to hear your first comments on OC were good ones!

Cheers!
    -Colockum

Post imported post

Just get one of these:

:celebrate

Post imported post

I had a pistol just like that one back when I used to live in the Arctic.
    One time, a polar bear snuck up on me & i fired off a flare to scare him away. The bear stopped, looked at me and said "WTF is that about?"
    Naturally, I was shocked that this bear was talking, so of course I said "A talking bear!?"
    And he said "Yea, what's it to ya?
    I was like "You have no idea how close I was to killing you."
    He responded with "Yea, I get that a lot, but your flare gun isn't anything special. You're not going to kill me are you?"
    As I was explaining how the pistol could shoot flares, buckshot and regular bullets, the bear's friend snuck up behind me, took the gun away, then shot me in the knee.
    So the moral of the story is: Never trust a talking bear, even if you have a cool pistol.

Post imported post

Well, M1Gunr, this is the reason we have the right to arm bears... so that you aren't prosecuted for such a situation. :P
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    So the moral of the story is: Never trust a talking bear, even if you have a cool pistol.
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?!

Post imported post

What pistol is that?

I want one.

I know of the super comanche, but it's all black and not as purdy as that one above.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    I had a pistol just like that one back when I used to live in the Arctic.
    One time, a polar bear snuck up on me & i fired off a flare to scare him away. The bear stopped, looked at me and said "WTF is that about?"
    Naturally, I was shocked that this bear was talking, so of course I said "A talking bear!?"
    And he said "Yea, what's it to ya?
    I was like "You have no idea how close I was to killing you."
    He responded with "Yea, I get that a lot, but your flare gun isn't anything special. You're not going to kill me are you?"
    As I was explaining how the pistol could shoot flares, buckshot and regular bullets, the bear's friend snuck up behind me, took the gun away, then shot me in the knee.

This is why you want to have ice-cold Coca-Cola on hand, no matter how cool your pistol.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Holo wrote:
    What pistol is that?

I want one.

I know of the super comanche, but it's all black and not as purdy as that one above.
    Its called the Judge among other names for different mfgs.
    http://www.taurususa.com/whatsnew/revolvers.cfm

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Holo wrote:
    SNIP I want one.
    You'll want to have money to spend on toy-type toys.

The fella running the website "Box O Truth" did some informal testing on a Judge. Shot pattern, penetration, etc. It didn't do well. Effective snake suppressant, and maybe for .45LC. Otherwise it didn't perform so well.

Check it out. Maybe it'll fit the bill for you. Just trying to help you know what it is and isn't.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I have to respecfully disagree with you. I have a Judge 6" barrel and stainless just like the picture. At 30 feet and #9 shot it throws a 15" pattern, and with 45 colt it will group 3" for 5 shots. With Slugs, it is a different story. accuracy is poor and they have a tendancy to shave lead. Would I buy another? YES but in the 3" .410 chambering. The main detractor IMHO is the long barrel coupled with the long cylinder, almost requires a cross draw holster to facilitate a smooth draw.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    I have to respecfully disagree with you. I have a Judge 6" barrel and stainless just like the picture. At 30 feet and #9 shot it throws a 15" pattern, and with 45 colt it will group 3" for 5 shots. With Slugs, it is a different story. accuracy is poor and they have a tendancy to shave lead. Would I buy another? YES but in the 3" .410 chambering. The main detractor IMHO is the long barrel coupled with the long cylinder, almost requires a cross draw holster to facilitate a smooth draw.
    Penetration, my friend. Penetration.

Poor, very poor for shot. See the Box O' Truth.

Post imported post

15" @ 30ft with #9 is fine if you're shooting crows, or maybe snakes. But do you really think that will stop a human assailant?

Post imported post

For a close range encounter (7 - 15 feet) that shot column is about 1-1/2 - 2-1/2 " wide, and will stop an attack with a well placed shot, just like ANY calibre. Remember, shot placement is paramount to calibre size. That #9 shot at 30 feet did a good job of ripping up a 1 gal. jug of water.

I did not buy it for "Human assailant", I have .44 cal for that. I bought it for sidearm while hunting.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    For a close range encounter (7 - 15 feet) that shot column is about 1-1/2 - 2-1/2 " wide, and will stop an attack with a well placed shot, just like ANY calibre. Remember, shot placement is paramount to calibre size. That #9 shot at 30 feet did a good job of ripping up a 1 gal. jug of water.

I did not buy it for "Human assailant", I have .44 cal for that. I bought it for sidearm while hunting.
    This is not a real shotgun but a 45 Long Colt revolver with an extended chamber to handle the 410's. It has no chokes to improve the shot preformance or the 45's wounldn't work and it ould be a NFA short shotgun and illegal in Washington. It's good for very close with shot shellsas Dr. Trigger says. Snake gun or very close for personnal defense. Myself, I would prefer the 45 for the defense part and shot shells for moving in snake country on the east side of the mountains. You are not gonna be able to bird hunt with is revolver.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:

This is not a real shotgun but a 45 Long Colt revolver with an extended chamber to handle the 410's. It has no chokes to improve the shot preformance or the 45's wounldn't work and it ould be a NFA short shotgun and illegal in Washington. It's good for very close with shot shellsas Dr. Trigger says. Snake gun or very close for personnal defense. Myself, I would prefer the 45 for the defense part and shot shells for moving in snake country on the east side of the mountains. You are not gonna be able to bird hunt with is revolver.
    Just as a kibitz, it wouldn't be a SBS, it would be an AOW and legal in WA; just like the Serbu Shorty 12ga. If the shotgun is designed with only a pistol grip and no buttstock, but a barrel less than 18", then it's an AOW and is only a $5 tax stamp versus a $200 tax stamp.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Myself, I would prefer the 45 for the defense part and shot shells for moving in snake country on the east side of the mountains. You are not gonna be able to bird hunt with is revolver.
    Are you saying that I shouldn't have ordered this for when I go duck hunting?:what: I figured that it would be an easy point and shoot interface that would provide a nice transition from pistol shooting at the range to hunting, are you saying that this would be a bad idea?

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:
    Penetration, my friend. Penetration.

Poor, very poor for shot. See the Box O' Truth.
    Yes bird shot , especially in a pistol, is for little birds.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

Tarzan

Post imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Myself, I would prefer the 45 for the defense part and shot shells for moving in snake country on the east side of the mountains. You are not gonna be able to bird hunt with is revolver.
    Are you saying that I shouldn't have ordered this for when I go duck hunting?:what: I figured that it would be an easy point and shoot interface that would provide a nice transition from pistol shooting at the range to hunting, are you saying that this would be a bad idea?
    I was thinking grouse not ducks. But hey if you're that good with a shotgun get with it. I happen to know a guy that can shoot a 100 out of a 100 clay birds with a 410 (or a 12, 20 or 28 ga too)on trap, skeet and sporting clays courses, of course he's way better than anyone else I know and does national meets all the time. Me, I handicap myself and use a 20 ga. forclay birds and the best I have ever done was 72 out of 100 and that was only once, normal is in the low 60's. As a snake defense, I think it is perfect, carry the first two with 410 shells and the rest with 45L.C. so you have somethingg for coyotes, cats, wolves or bears.

Post imported post

I've got the six in barrel version of the Judge. Funny thing is when I took it to the gun range near my house I didn't know where to go. :what:

First I went over to the pistol range and they told me I couldn't shoot it there because it uses shot shells. Then I took it over to the shotgun range and they said I couldn't use it there because it was a pistol.

Oh well, it's still fun out in the woods. :celebrate
    DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.