• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny comment

sailor628

imported post

Yesterday I picked up a couple boxes of shotgun shells at Bi Mart in Washougal and as I was checking out the cashier asked me "Are you old enough to be playing with these?". The gentleman in line behind me said "Let's hope so. He's wearing one." while motioning to the Ruger P-91 on my hip. We all just smiled. I paid for my shells while his kids stared at my pistol what I think was wide-eyed admiration. This was the first time anyone had ever commented on my open carrying.

Colockum

imported post

I didn't realize the P-91 used shotgun shells! Exactley how many shells does it carry....hopefully it's a 28 gauge...the recoil from 12's would probably be hard to manage:p Glad to hear your first comments on OC were good ones!

Cheers!
-Colockum

Dr. Fresh

imported post

Just get one of these:

GAjudgeb_071807A.jpg

:celebrate

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I had a pistol just like that one back when I used to live in the Arctic.
One time, a polar bear snuck up on me & i fired off a flare to scare him away. The bear stopped, looked at me and said "WTF is that about?"
Naturally, I was shocked that this bear was talking, so of course I said "A talking bear!?"
And he said "Yea, what's it to ya?
I was like "You have no idea how close I was to killing you."
He responded with "Yea, I get that a lot, but your flare gun isn't anything special. You're not going to kill me are you?"
As I was explaining how the pistol could shoot flares, buckshot and regular bullets, the bear's friend snuck up behind me, took the gun away, then shot me in the knee.
So the moral of the story is: Never trust a talking bear, even if you have a cool pistol.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
I had a pistol just like that one back when I used to live in the Arctic.
One time, a polar bear snuck up on me & i fired off a flare to scare him away. The bear stopped, looked at me and said "WTF is that about?"
Naturally, I was shocked that this bear was talking, so of course I said "A talking bear!?"
And he said "Yea, what's it to ya?
I was like "You have no idea how close I was to killing you."
He responded with "Yea, I get that a lot, but your flare gun isn't anything special. You're not going to kill me are you?"
As I was explaining how the pistol could shoot flares, buckshot and regular bullets, the bear's friend snuck up behind me, took the gun away, then shot me in the knee.
So the moral of the story is: Never trust a talking bear, even if you have a cool pistol.

:D

This is why you want to have ice-cold Coca-Cola on hand, no matter how cool your pistol.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Holo wrote:
SNIP I want one.

You'll want to have money to spend on toy-type toys.

The fella running the website "Box O Truth" did some informal testing on a Judge. Shot pattern, penetration, etc. It didn't do well. Effective snake suppressant, and maybe for .45LC. Otherwise it didn't perform so well.

Check it out. Maybe it'll fit the bill for you. Just trying to help you know what it is and isn't.

Trigger Dr

imported post

I have to respecfully disagree with you. I have a Judge 6" barrel and stainless just like the picture. At 30 feet and #9 shot it throws a 15" pattern, and with 45 colt it will group 3" for 5 shots. With Slugs, it is a different story. accuracy is poor and they have a tendancy to shave lead. Would I buy another? YES but in the 3" .410 chambering. The main detractor IMHO is the long barrel coupled with the long cylinder, almost requires a cross draw holster to facilitate a smooth draw.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
I have to respecfully disagree with you. I have a Judge 6" barrel and stainless just like the picture. At 30 feet and #9 shot it throws a 15" pattern, and with 45 colt it will group 3" for 5 shots. With Slugs, it is a different story. accuracy is poor and they have a tendancy to shave lead. Would I buy another? YES but in the 3" .410 chambering. The main detractor IMHO is the long barrel coupled with the long cylinder, almost requires a cross draw holster to facilitate a smooth draw.

Penetration, my friend. Penetration.

Poor, very poor for shot. See the Box O' Truth.

Trigger Dr

imported post

For a close range encounter (7 - 15 feet) that shot column is about 1-1/2 - 2-1/2 " wide, and will stop an attack with a well placed shot, just like ANY calibre. Remember, shot placement is paramount to calibre size. That #9 shot at 30 feet did a good job of ripping up a 1 gal. jug of water.

I did not buy it for "Human assailant", I have .44 cal for that. I bought it for sidearm while hunting.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
For a close range encounter (7 - 15 feet) that shot column is about 1-1/2 - 2-1/2 " wide, and will stop an attack with a well placed shot, just like ANY calibre. Remember, shot placement is paramount to calibre size. That #9 shot at 30 feet did a good job of ripping up a 1 gal. jug of water.

I did not buy it for "Human assailant", I have .44 cal for that. I bought it for sidearm while hunting.
This is not a real shotgun but a 45 Long Colt revolver with an extended chamber to handle the 410's. It has no chokes to improve the shot preformance or the 45's wounldn't work and it ould be a NFA short shotgun and illegal in Washington. It's good for very close with shot shellsas Dr. Trigger says. Snake gun or very close for personnal defense. Myself, I would prefer the 45 for the defense part and shot shells for moving in snake country on the east side of the mountains. You are not gonna be able to bird hunt with is revolver.

just_a_car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

This is not a real shotgun but a 45 Long Colt revolver with an extended chamber to handle the 410's. It has no chokes to improve the shot preformance or the 45's wounldn't work and it ould be a NFA short shotgun and illegal in Washington. It's good for very close with shot shellsas Dr. Trigger says. Snake gun or very close for personnal defense. Myself, I would prefer the 45 for the defense part and shot shells for moving in snake country on the east side of the mountains. You are not gonna be able to bird hunt with is revolver.
Just as a kibitz, it wouldn't be a SBS, it would be an AOW and legal in WA; just like the Serbu Shorty 12ga. If the shotgun is designed with only a pistol grip and no buttstock, but a barrel less than 18", then it's an AOW and is only a $5 tax stamp versus a $200 tax stamp.

Shy_Panda

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Myself, I would prefer the 45 for the defense part and shot shells for moving in snake country on the east side of the mountains. You are not gonna be able to bird hunt with is revolver.
Are you saying that I shouldn't have ordered this for when I go duck hunting?:what: I figured that it would be an easy point and shoot interface that would provide a nice transition from pistol shooting at the range to hunting, are you saying that this would be a bad idea?

tarzan1888

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

Penetration, my friend. Penetration.

Poor, very poor for shot. See the Box O' Truth.

Yes bird shot , especially in a pistol, is for little birds. :)

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

Tarzan

Bear 45/70

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Myself, I would prefer the 45 for the defense part and shot shells for moving in snake country on the east side of the mountains. You are not gonna be able to bird hunt with is revolver.
Are you saying that I shouldn't have ordered this for when I go duck hunting?:what: I figured that it would be an easy point and shoot interface that would provide a nice transition from pistol shooting at the range to hunting, are you saying that this would be a bad idea?
I was thinking grouse not ducks. But hey if you're that good with a shotgun get with it.:D I happen to know a guy that can shoot a 100 out of a 100 clay birds with a 410 (or a 12, 20 or 28 ga too)on trap, skeet and sporting clays courses, of course he's way better than anyone else I know and does national meets all the time. Me, I handicap myself and use a 20 ga. forclay birds and the best I have ever done was 72 out of 100 and that was only once, normal is in the low 60's. As a snake defense, I think it is perfect, carry the first two with 410 shells and the rest with 45L.C. so you have somethingg for coyotes, cats, wolves or bears.

kenshin

imported post

I've got the six in barrel version of the Judge. Funny thing is when I took it to the gun range near my house I didn't know where to go. :what:

First I went over to the pistol range and they told me I couldn't shoot it there because it uses shot shells. Then I took it over to the shotgun range and they said I couldn't use it there because it was a pistol. :banghead:

Oh well, it's still fun out in the woods. :celebrate