Thread: Who needs a gun in a bank?

Post imported post

Post imported post

"You never get the security you deserve," she said.

I beg to differ.

Post imported post

The maximum prison time for murder is 65 years under state law.
    WTF? Ron White has a better solution.
    If you come to [Insert State Here] and kill somebody, we will kill you back! That's our policy!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

JB wrote:

I beg to differ.
    ??

No one deserves security. That is something people have to work out for themselves.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    JB wrote:

I beg to differ.
    ??

No one deserves security. That is something people have to work out for themselves.
    That is what I was getting at. Most of the people here get the security they deserve because they provide it.

Post imported post

JB wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    JB wrote:

I beg to differ.
    ??

That is what I was getting at. Most of the people here get the security they deserve because they provide it.
    Benjamin Franklin once said " those who would trade essential liberty for temporary security will lose both, and deserve neither" or something to that effect.

Sounds like folks should start remembering that THEY are the only ones who can determine whether or not they will be safe.

Post imported post

Disgusting on so many levels.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

In the 1980’s the Supreme Court stated “You, and only you, are responsible for your security and the security of your family and loved ones when they ruled that the police do not have a duty to protect you as an individual, but to protect society as a whole.” The police have no legal duty to respond and prevent crime or protect the victim.

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    In the 1980’s the Supreme Court stated “You, and only you, are responsible for your security and the security of your family and loved ones when they ruled that the police do not have a duty to protect you as an individual, but to protect society as a whole.” The police have no legal duty to respond and prevent crime or protect the victim.
    The first SCOTUS decision along those lines that I am aware of was about 100 years before. That the police are not responsible or liable for protecting any individual citizen is a long and well enshrined legal doctrine.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

The main reason I carry in the bank is because I was cashing and depositing a $3000 paycheck every two weeks and Atlanta is the bank robbery capital of the country.

$3000 doesn't seem like much in regards to human life, but that $3000 deposit was our survival, so I'm prepared to defend the survival of myself and family.

Post imported post

I handle other people's money frequently as part of my business and as such always carry going to the bank. But then I always carry regardless of where I am going unless I absolutely must go to a posted location.