• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in a bank?

JB

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
JB wrote:
"You never get the security you deserve," she said.

I beg to differ.
??

No one deserves security. That is something people have to work out for themselves.
That is what I was getting at. Most of the people here get the security they deserve because they provide it.

unreconstructed1

imported post

JB wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
JB wrote:
"You never get the security you deserve," she said.

I beg to differ.
??

No one deserves security. That is something people have to work out for themselves.
That is what I was getting at. Most of the people here get the security they deserve because they provide it.

Benjamin Franklin once said " those who would trade essential liberty for temporary security will lose both, and deserve neither" or something to that effect.

Sounds like folks should start remembering that THEY are the only ones who can determine whether or not they will be safe.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

In the 1980’s the Supreme Court stated “You, and only you, are responsible for your security and the security of your family and loved ones when they ruled that the police do not have a duty to protect you as an individual, but to protect society as a whole.” The police have no legal duty to respond and prevent crime or protect the victim.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
In the 1980’s the Supreme Court stated “You, and only you, are responsible for your security and the security of your family and loved ones when they ruled that the police do not have a duty to protect you as an individual, but to protect society as a whole.” The police have no legal duty to respond and prevent crime or protect the victim.
The first SCOTUS decision along those lines that I am aware of was about 100 years before. That the police are not responsible or liable for protecting any individual citizen is a long and well enshrined legal doctrine.

exgabrit

imported post

The main reason I carry in the bank is because I was cashing and depositing a $3000 paycheck every two weeks and Atlanta is the bank robbery capital of the country.

$3000 doesn't seem like much in regards to human life, but that $3000 deposit was our survival, so I'm prepared to defend the survival of myself and family.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I handle other people's money frequently as part of my business and as such always carry going to the bank. But then I always carry regardless of where I am going unless I absolutely must go to a posted location.