• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner is Stafford?

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have been thinking that we should be able to find a place in Stafford for a meal.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where?

And for the NOVA planners of OCdO gatherings, have you made any special plans with the restaurant owners/managers or have you just shown up? Also, how large have the groups been?

I am not saying I have the skills to set this up, but I would be willing to participate.:celebrate

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I've always gone by the Nike model, just do it. OTOH weve never picked a place that required reservations.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, let's see.....Tricorn hits the Log Cabin up quite frequently with no problems. I've gone to County Fare on a couple of occasions with no probs. I've been in Jimmy the Greek's with no problems, Pizza Hut on rte 1 and 17 no probs, Vinnie's, Sam's, Tony's, and a few other places. There's the Italian place down Rte1 near Potomac Creek Landing (never seee any cars there so I wonder how they stay in business).

I can't do it during a week day but perhaps an evening or weekend would be good.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tricorn hits the Log Cabin a lot. I ate there last night -- prices might be a bit steep for some of our group, and the menu really is limited to seafood, with a couple of beef or chicken entrees.

I'd be willing to travel to Stafford for a meet-up on a weekend.

I think the most we ever had (excepting events you know about) was about 20 at Hard Times in Woodbridge - but then, that was a "reason-behind-the-choice" event. We've had 15 on several occasions, and as few as 3.

Glock27Bill

imported post

Heck, I'll drive from Vienna.

And, Yes, you have the skills to set it up.

1-Pick a place

2-Pick a date and time

3-Post it

4-Show up

5-Your treat (just kidding, but if you want a good turnout...)