• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry went well.

jhanson25

imported post

Last night a buddy of mine and I met up for coffee in Owosso around 1am. We are both night owls so no worries, we aren't mental. After sitting there until 3:30 we decided to take a walk around downtown and shoot the breeze and so he can snap some pics of the downtown area at night. He is a photography major and currently working on some projects that involve night photography. Well this leaves me in a "bind" if you will. I do not have my CLP, but did have my gun in the car with me, and did open carry while having coffee. I wanted to open carry while walking around downtown as well. This looks bad due to the fact it is the middle of the night. To make a long story short: Found an Owosso cop and told him my intentions to open carry while walking around downtown. Told him I wasn't concerned about a call for a "man with a gun" cause I dont look evil and menacing like Jerry! HAHA only kidding! I was more concerned with one of them driving by us on partol and seeing a gun and the night going down hill fast! Young cop was cool about it and said he knows it's legal and that if they got a call to not be surprised. Ended up walking around snapping pics until 6:30 am, all the while open carrying with not one problem. Very good experience with the officer and was great to know I could protect myself if I needed. Owosso isnt Detroit but hell, ya never know.

WARCHILD

imported post

jhanson25 wrote:
Last night a buddy of mine and I met up for coffee in Owosso around 1am. We are both night owls so no worries, we aren't mental. After sitting there until 3:30 we decided to take a walk around downtown and shoot the breeze and so he can snap some pics of the downtown area at night. He is a photography major and currently working on some projects that involve night photography. Well this leaves me in a "bind" if you will. I do not have my CLP, but did have my gun in the car with me, and did open carry while having coffee. I wanted to open carry while walking around downtown as well. This looks bad due to the fact it is the middle of the night. To make a long story short: Found an Owosso cop and told him my intentions to open carry while walking around downtown. Told him I wasn't concerned about a call for a "man with a gun" cause I dont look evil and menacing like Jerry! HAHA only kidding! I was more concerned with one of them driving by us on partol and seeing a gun and the night going down hill fast! Young cop was cool about it and said he knows it's legal and that if they got a call to not be surprised. Ended up walking around snapping pics until 6:30 am, all the while open carrying with not one problem. Very good experience with the officer and was great to know I could protect myself if I needed. Owosso isnt Detroit but hell, ya never know.
Wow! you did good. :celebratelucky you weren't stopped 'cause you didn't have a CLP?

Just kidding. Like I told you some time ago. No matter what me or anyone else tells you, when you were ready and comfortable with it, it would happen. Also, I told you most local cops around owosso city, really don't have a problem with it. It's all in how you present yourself and your posture/demeanor while carrying. I'm very glad you had a good experience with it. CARRY ON!

Jerry