• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hillary attacks Obama on Guns again.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

What ironic is the attack Hillary is making against Obama could be redirected right back at her.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0508/Clinton_mail_attacks_Obama_on_guns.html

May 04, 2008[/b]
Categories:[/b]Hillary Clinton Clinton mailing attacks Obama on guns
obamaguns.jpg

Hillary Clinton has re-opened her sharp attack on Barack Obama's position on guns, with a mailer in Indiana that seeks to raise questions about him with both supporters and opponents of gun rights.
The mailing -- perhaps the sharpest-edged of Clinton's five negative mail pieces in Indiana -- casts him as a typical politician, saying different things to different audiences. It also revives his damaging comments in San Francisco that small town people cling to guns.
Then, making the harsh case more broadly, the mailer asks: "What does Barack Obama really believe?"
The piece is particularly striking coming from Clinton, who has been seen for most of her career as a firm advocate of gun control, but more recently has emerged -- without dramatically shifting her stance on specific issues -- as a defender of the Second Amendment who fondly recalled being taught to shoot by her grandfather in Scranton.

Huck

imported post

I'd find this funny if it was'nt so pathetic. The Hildebeest doing this would be like Charles Manson calling someone else a psychopath.

And Hillary pro-gun! Whatta joke. It's amazing how these politicos acually believe that John Q. Public is too stupid to see through their lies.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Huck wrote:
... It's amazing how these politicos acually believe that John Q. Public is too stupid to see through their lies.
Well I believe that the public, for the most part, is to stupid...for instance McCain, Clinton, and Obama didn't get to the top 3 because the people are smart.

Tomahawk

imported post

Worse, it's a sniper rifle for left-handed people! Everyone knows that bolt-action rifles are the weapon of choice for left-handed gang-bangers. We have to do something about those damn louies.

I get the feeling that if we told Hillary she could have all the power as long as she supports guns, she'd probably take the deal (and reneg on it later, probably). I don't feel a whole lot of principle, leftist or otherwise, coming from her.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

Although Hillary and Obama both have a long history of being unfriendly to the second amendment, it does seem that Obama is somewhat more anti-gun than Hillary. For better or worse, Hillary also strikes me asless principled on the matter, which I think would result in less anti-gun stridency from her in the future, as she has worked hard to moderate her image and votes in many areas over the past few years - including on guns. Hillary knows which way the wind blows, and although she shouldn't be trusted on guns and will never be our "friend",sheseems less stridently anti-gun than Obama. Shehas never answered "yes" to a question as to whether or not all handguns should be banned (both sale and possession) as Obama has. Who would have ever guessed that Clinton would be the less anti-gun candidate in a close race?

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

She never answered yes because she knows it won't sell but that doesn't mean she won't once she's in office. They all 3 will tell us what they think will be bought but not usually where they actually stand.

It's hypocritical of them to call each other gun banners when any one of them will ban what they can. As far as I'm concerned if you ban any type of gun you're a gun banner. Just because some other candidate will ban more than you does not make you friendly to gun owners or deserving my vote.

I dont want to hear how you won't ban as much as the other guy I want to know how you're going to protect my rights and over turn unconstitutional restictions on said rights.

imperialism2024

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Worse, it's a sniper rifle for left-handed people! Everyone knows that bolt-action rifles are the weapon of choice for left-handed gang-bangers. We have to do something about those damn louies.

I get the feeling that if we told Hillary she could have all the power as long as she supports guns, she'd probably take the deal (and reneg on it later, probably). I don't feel a whole lot of principle, leftist or otherwise, coming from her.
It also looks to have two triggers. Doesn't that make it a machine gun now according to the BATFE?

lostone1413

imported post

When you see anyone say the word 2nd amendment and hunting in the same breath you know they are anti-gun

Phssthpok

imported post

Am I the only one not seeing any rings on that scope?

How's it mounted?

Tomahawk

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
Am I the only one not seeing any rings on that scope?

How's it mounted?
You should call up Hillary's campaign office and tell them the graphics department screwed up the gun photo in their ad. Go into a detailed explanation about bolt-action rifles and scopes and all kinds of gun stuff and act like you are a Hillary supporter. That would be an amusing tape.

Toymaker

imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
Although Hillary and Obama both have a long history of being unfriendly to the second amendment, it does seem that Obama is somewhat more anti-gun than Hillary. For better or worse, Hillary also strikes me asless principled on the matter, which I think would result in less anti-gun stridency from her in the future, as she has worked hard to moderate her image and votes in many areas over the past few years - including on guns. Hillary knows which way the wind blows, and although she shouldn't be trusted on guns and will never be our "friend",sheseems less stridently anti-gun than Obama. Shehas never answered "yes" to a question as to whether or not all handguns should be banned (both sale and possession) as Obama has. Who would have ever guessed that Clinton would be the less anti-gun candidate in a close race?

Itcontinually amazes me how Hitlery tries to seperate herself from Obama:?

As I remember earlier in the year both the Obama and Clinton camps were asked whether or not they believed that the2A was an individual right. The Obama camp replied with a yes but the Clinton camp never replied.

Clinton's showing her true colors withher 'hunting' referrence just as Obama's showing his with the angry gun ownerscomment in San Francisco.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0508/Clinton_mailings_gun_gaffe.html

Sen. Hillary Clinton’s mailing attacking Sen. Barack Obama’s record on guns appears to include a striking visual gaffe: The image of the gun pictured on the face of the mailing is reversed, making it a nonexistent left-handed model of the Mauser 66 rifle.

To make matters worse, a prominent gun dealer said, it’s an expensive German gun with customized features that make it clearly European.

“The gun in the photo does not exist,” said Val Forgett III, president of Navy Arms in Martinsburg, W.Va. Forgett's company was Mauser’s agent in the United States when the gun was released, and it sold Mauser guns here again in the 1990s. “The bolt is facing to the left side of the receiver, making it a left-handed bolt action rifle, indicating whoever constructed and approved the mailer did not recognize the image has been reversed.”

Forgett said the error would be obvious to sportsmen.

“I find it laughable on its face,” he said. “It’s like a picture of Babe Ruth hitting right-handed.”
The gun's image in Clinton's mailing is above; a correct image of the gun is below.

Other rifle enthusiasts e-mailed Politico after an image of Clinton’s mailing was posted to this blog.

“I bet the Clinton folks did a mirror flip on the stock image to make it look more ‘aesthetic,’” wrote one, David Phillips. “What a latte-sipping, Gucci-wearing thing to do.”

The Mauser 66, released in 1966 and no longer manufactured, is a high-end hunting rifle that found military use as a sniper rifle. In Clinton’s mailing, it’s pictured with a double-set trigger, a customization that’s popular in Europe but “almost unheard of in the United States,” Forgett said.

“It’s a $2,200 German import — it’s hardly typical of what the average workingman in Indiana uses,” he said.
mauser662.jpg