• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Katies Firearms Facts on Canadian Gun Laws

Sleepless

imported post

Welcome to the Gun Laws of Canada.

And if you think that is bad then check out trying to get a gun class in Quebec, the organization that is responsible has a website that is only in french and no english whatsoever for the minority population of english speakers and 90-95% of the gun classes are in french and you will be very lucky if you are an anglophone (english speaker) without a car and can get a gun class in Montreal because they fill up extremely fast.

They have 1-2 every 2 months or so unless it is already completely booked and other english classes is about 30-60 mins outside of Montreal so if you don't have a car then you are shit out of luck.

Welcome to the hell and discrimination that is Quebec.

I am actually contemplating a visit to my Member of Parliament to ask her what is in the future of the gun registry as we have seen proof that it does no good whatsoever, btw a few days ago there was a shooting outside a club here in Montreal in front of a lot of club patrons but it seems like everybody is scared so nobody is talking, I wish we had a possibility of carrying concealed because at times it is needed and home invasions are on the rise here even though it is mostly against houses in suburban areas where home owners mostly just look after themselves and don't care about helping their neighbours and the criminals know this and are expecting this and the most everyone can do is have a baseball bat close at hand and hope that they are lucky and don't get the baseball bat against themselves instead because we have to have the gun in one location under lock and key and the ammunition under lock and key in another room so when somebody breaks in we won't be able to defend ourselves and either end up brutally beaten in the hospital or 6' under pushing up daisies.

Sorry for the rant but this garbage has me extremely pissed off and the Government of Canada listens to nobody except themselves and their wealthy friends of course.

United we come, divided we are royally screwed.

Sleepless

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
What's particularly troublesome is that Canada still isn't completely lost with anti-gun laws (like the UK)... it seems like there's still hope, but it's dwindling quickly.
Well I think the problem is that we are divided in many small groups and we all need to come together to show the government that we are a force to be reckoned with.

We need to unite but the question right now is how. :?

Sleepless

imported post

I think that her dad erred in judgement regarding one thing though, he removed the serial number from various guns and I think that no matter what country you are in that is normally a big no no and any gunsmith should know that though, hopefully I can become one but that sure as hell don't mean that I will be erasing serial numbers. :banghead: