• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time OC

Peacemaker

imported post

I finally worked up the courage to open carry away from the range and my own property! However, it was a really small step because it was only while visiting the walk up ATM machine at my bank after hours.

It's a start :cool:.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Peacemaker wrote:
I finally worked up the courage to open carry away from the range and my own property! However, it was a really small step because it was only while visiting the walk up ATM machine at my bank after hours.

It's a start :cool:.
Was a SWAT team called? :D

Rains

imported post

+1!

Thats how I started OCing. Public, vacant places after business hours. Next step is just OC with someone, even if they arent carrying. That was a big help for me, as well. Hope all continues to go well!

Samuel Adams

imported post

I OC'd for the first time today. It too was just a baby step. I drove my wife to Wally World with my CZ75 on my hip. After dropping her off, I went to the range. After that, I picked the wife up and went home. I went to the neighbor's house with it on and nothing was said. They're soldiers, after all.

Tomorrow is the big step. I'm driving to Ohio and my vz82 will be on my hip until I reach Ohio. Then it has to go into the trunk with the ammo separate from the gun. Once I reach my destination, I'll OC once again (except when driving).

Kingfish

imported post

Samuel Adams wrote:
I went to the neighbor's house with it on and nothing was said. They're soldiers, after all.

I was visiting a local adult beverage establishment a couple weeks ago (unarmed of course) and while a friend and I were talking a young guy sits down beside us. The three of us talked for a bit and learned he is in the Army. The conversation turned to firearms. I mentioned that I carry wherever legal. The young soldier could not fathom why anyone would need to, want to, or should be allowed to carry a firearm in public.

Point is, even though they are soldiers who have volunteered to fight for and die for our rights and freedoms, some of them do not respect all of those rights.

wsweeks2

imported post

Did 50 soccer moms write letters to the Governor urging his veto for HB 89? And did they all talk about you at their dinner parties to drum up support for GFGS?